MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Error building vompserver 0.2.7 under vdr 1.6.0

Started by stu-e, March 26, 2008, 09:46:48

Previous topic - Next topic

stu-e

I'm getting this error when building vompserver release 0.2.7 under the latest stable vdr 1.6.0

g++ -O2 -fPIC -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -Werror -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DPLUGIN_NAME_
I18N='"vompserver"' -I../../../include -I/include -o mvpreceiver.o mvpreceiver.c
cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
mvpreceiver.c: In static member function 'static MVPReceiver* MVPReceiver::creat
e(cChannel*, int)':
mvpreceiver.c:6: warning: the address of 'NeedsDetachReceivers' will always eval
uate as 'true'
make[1]: *** [mvpreceiver.o] Error 1

How do I fix this?
Any chance of another stable release of vomp that builds nicely with the latest stable vdr 1.6.0?

svalavuo

Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

stu-e

The patch you refer to applies to vompserver 0.2.6 and has already been incoporated in 0.2.7.
There is another patch file on the same website for 0.2.7, but this does not patch the file concerned
(mvpreceiver.c).

Are you sure?

davep

That issue is fixed in CVS - it is a code bug which was detected by an updated version of GCC.

Three ways to fix it -

1. Comment out the offending code (this is what CVS does via an IFDEF):
if (NeedsDetachReceivers)
    {
      Log::getInstance()->log("MVPReceiver", Log::DEBUG, "Needs detach receivers");
        // Need to detach other receivers or VDR will shut down??
    }

2. Modify the makefile to not treat warnings as errors.

3. Use an older GCC version.

stu-e

Yes I only just thought to browse CVS.
I can see the changes to function MVPReceiver::create.
I will copy these changes and see if any other problems pop up.

Thankyou

stu-e

I got vompserver-0.2.7 compiled and running ok under vdr 1.6.0.

I edited function MVPReceiver::create removing all trace of NeedsDetachReceivers.

Thankyou for your help

morfsta

Getting it compiled is fine - but you should find your MVPs won't playback recordings due to the subtitle support in 1.6.0?

Only the CVS version supports subtitles and should therefore work with 1.6.0  - though I have found that it regularly hangs playing back recordings anyway and as I use Powerline networking is a bit flakey and doesn't recover properly from slight glitches in the stream...

Surely its got to be time for a new release!?

davep

The patch needed to work with vdr's subtitle support is in demux.cc on the client, and is between versions 1.41 and 1.42. It should be possible to back-port the patch to earlier versions.

I've been running the CVS version for several months and find it a huge improvement, the EPG display in particular is much more responsive. However it is still incomplete and does not play radio channels.

svalavuo

So there's support for subtitles in CVS -version?  :o
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

davep

No, afraid not. AIUI the subtitle code added to vdr for 1.6.0 exposed a bug in the vomp client, which caused it to freeze when a recording with subtitles was displayed.