Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompserver on VDR 1.5.13 with DVBS2 Addons

Started by morfsta, January 25, 2008, 13:10:43

Previous topic - Next topic

morfsta

Hi,

I use Vomp throughout my house! Thanks for all your hard work - this is my first post here.

I am trying to use vdr-1.5.13 with Reinhard Nissl's addons (http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2008-January/015187.html). Everything works fine with vompserver, apart from the playback of new recording so I guess something has changed slightly in the format. When trying to playback it either just shows a black screen or starts / stops immediately.

I think Klaus is considering implementing these updates into VDR shortly (see his post on dvb-archives).

I have uploaded a zip file containing an example recording, if you are interested in looking at it? It can be found here: -

http://rapidshare.com/files/86489737/rec.zip.html

I tried to see whether the latest vompserver server and client from CVS might address the problem, however the client won't boot up on my H3 box - it hangs in the "Loading Application" stage. An older version of the dongle won't boot with the newer server, I get a "login failed" message.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Kind Regards,

Morfsta

MarkC

Hi morfsta! Welcome to the forum.

There is a bug in VOMP that stops recordings made with the newer VDR 1.5 versions from playing back, due to the subtitles that are now included in the recording.

The bug is fixed in CVS, so yes, it should work... once you can get it to boot! Someone with an H3 might be able to help you there.
Have you built your own CVS dongle or have you got one from the Web?

morfsta

Hi Mark!

Thanks for such a prompt reply!

I built the dongle myself from CVS (well I presume downloading the build environment includes the CVS?) this morning, the "make" went through all fine and I copied the resultant dongle.bin into my /tftpboot directory.

Any suggestions why else it might not be working? Any hints would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Morfsta

morfsta

Hey, I got it working. When I built it in a 32-bit chroot it fired up fine on my H3. Recordings now working - thanks!