Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

-c config dir partly implemented?

Started by dingo35, February 14, 2008, 11:54:45

Previous topic - Next topic

dingo35

Hi all,

In trying to debug my bootp/tftp problems, I noticed that when I am using  -P 'vompserver -c /usr/local/vdr/etc/plugins' to avoid the "ERROR: plugin '<no name given>' called cPlugin::ConfigDirectory(), which is not thread safe!" message, my syslog says:

Feb 14 11:53:44 videoserver2 vdr: [17826] VOMP: Config file found
Feb 14 11:53:44 videoserver2 vdr: [17826] VOMP: Logging disabled

even when logging is specified in vomp.conf (which seems to be found).

When using -P vompserver logging behaves as expected.

Problem is in mvpserver.c, when logging is supposed to start:
char* cfgLogFilename = config.getValueString("General", "Log file");

cfgLogFilename always gets a NULL value.

I tried to debug this problem, but got stuck because dsyslog is not working in config.c ; all errors are supposed to get logged in the log file, but hey, nothing gets logged because vompserver thinks logging is disabled.

I'm using vompserver-0.2.7 , not sure whether -c is supposed to work already in this version, but it seems to be "half implemented".

Any other way I can get read if this "ERROR: plugin '<no name given>' called cPlugin::ConfigDirectory(), which is not thread safe!" message?

Could it be causing my problem that Tftpd is never kicking in?

davep

AFAIK the message about cPlugin::ConfigDirectory() is only a warning and can be ignored.

Harry

hmm.
according to this thread,
http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=301.0
it should work.

could it be a filesystem/rights issue?

dingo35

Quote from: Harry on February 14, 2008, 18:12:55
hmm.
according to this thread,
http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=301.0
it should work.

could it be a filesystem/rights issue?

Don't think so, because then an error message would be generated that vomp.conf could not be found. It is found, but it seems never to be parsed.

Is this -c /usr/local/vdr/plugins functionality working at your vomp-0.2.7 config?

Harry

hmm. yes.. you're right.

my config? eerm...
i'm still using 0.2.6... sorry.

dingo35

Found out the problem: vomp expects a path, relative to the vdr plugin directory, after the -c option. I specified an absolute path /usr/local/vdr/etc/plugins/vompserver, and what actually happens is that the first / is discarded and the rest of the path is taken relative....