Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

DVB Subtitles

Started by kml, January 01, 2006, 20:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

@MarkC
Ok, then I wait until you submit to cvs in order to adapt it to the windows port and to integrate the teletext stuff into your presentation mechanism.
Btw, did Chris forward my teletext patch to you?

Marten

svalavuo

MartenR: Does your teletext -patch include both (teletext and subtitles)?
That would be great to have on MVP as well! :)

You guys ROCK!
Samuli
vdr 2.0.3-3 + vompserver 0.4.0 + MediaMVP H4 + Raspberry Pi with vompclient

MarkC

@Marten: I've made an initial attempt at the Windows code myself, but I can't compile it so it'll need checking. There isn't much: just mutex code and a new surface function for drawing bitmaps instead of plotting one pixel at a time. I'll send you a mail or a PM via the forum covering all the new Windows code when I commit to CVS.

Yes, I have seen your teletext patch... looks good. I think using a new view for teletext (as you have done) is the right way to go, rather than using my OSD interface, because it's the easiest way to accept page number input from the user, and it just seems to make more sense when you're showing a full screen of text. By the way, I think the patch Chris sent to me was missing the teletext font definition files: could you send those across?

MartenR

@MarkC
The font files are on their way to you via email.

@savlavuo
My patch is teletext at live tv only and is only a predevelopment stage, which had to be put together with the subtitle stuff.

Marten

MarkC

I have committed the DVB subtitles code to CVS. A dongle is also available at
http://www.zen50618.zen.co.uk/vomp/vomp-dongle-cvs20081129

Use the Record button to switch subtitles on and off. Of course this makes no sense and will be changed once we've decided which button to use!

Here are some things that still need to be done or considered:

• Live TV is not yet supported (recordings only)
  • There is no indicator to say whether subtitles are available in the current recording.
  • The user gets no feedback when subtitles are switched on or off.
  • Subtitles do not stay on from one recording to the next. Playback always begins with them switched off.
  • There is no support yet for multiple subtitle streams (e.g. languages).
  • Subtitles can interfere with the progress bar at the bottom of the screen.

If you see any problems or have any ideas that aren't on this list, please post a message.

MartenR

What do you think about the following UI.
A selector, which appears after pressing a button like the record button yellow button, where you can select:
1) No subtitles/teletext
2) Teletext
3) DVB sub 1
4) DVB sub 2

Marten

MartenR

@user of teletext subtitles
I am adding the teletext feature now to recordings, but I am currently to stupid to generate recordings with teletext subtitles.
Can someone please point out, what I have to do?
Have so far installed the vdr-plugin-ttextsubs, but it is never displaying subtitles and the recordings seems not to contain any teletext data...
So what do I have to do?

Marten

svalavuo

@MartenR

Did you make settings to that plugin  with VDR?
There should be some settings, I can't remember just now what they are and wife is using VDR so I can't access to setup -menu  ;)
These are settings in my setup.conf

ttxtsubs.BgColor = 8
ttxtsubs.BottomAdj = 0
ttxtsubs.BottomLB = 0
ttxtsubs.CustomColor = -1154272461
ttxtsubs.Display = 1
ttxtsubs.DvbSources = 0
ttxtsubs.FgColor = 1
ttxtsubs.FontSize = 27
ttxtsubs.FrenchSpecial = 0
ttxtsubs.HearingImpaireds = 0000000000
ttxtsubs.Languages = fin,suo,,,,,,,,
ttxtsubs.LineSpacing = 0
ttxtsubs.LiveDelay = 0
ttxtsubs.MainMenuEntry = 1
ttxtsubs.Record = 1
ttxtsubs.ReplayDelay = 0
ttxtsubs.TextPos = 0

Languages -line tells that I'm in Finland :P

Hope that helps.
Samuli

MarkC

DVB Subtitles are now supported on Live TV. Code is in CVS, and there is a dongle here:

http://www.zen50618.zen.co.uk/vomp/vomp-dongle-cvs20081206

The "record" button is still used for switching subtitles on or off.

Marten, I agree with putting Teletext and DVB subtitles in the same menu, as you suggested. If possible, I think we will combine it all with audio selection, on the green button.

MartenR

Ok, if we put it on the green button, may be we add at the end an entry Subtitles+Teletxt and after this a new menu with teletext + subtitle languages?

Marten

svalavuo

Excellent!
I have been testing this dongle for a while now.
It's working like charm. DVB subtitles works almost better than in VDR!
Ttxtsubs and mediaplayer to that same dongle and it's killer app. :-)

thanks guys!
Samuli

Schnurps

Hej Marten,

is there any progress on the teletext-function? :-)
I am hoping for a next version with an updated mediaplayer, DVB-Subtitles and Teletext - that's a functionality my family is really missing...

Happy new year everybody!

André

MartenR

It is finished on windows, I am now waiting, that Chris requests an patch file for an integration in cvs.

Marten