MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp "Locating Server" problem

Started by blobs, January 06, 2008, 16:45:58

Previous topic - Next topic

blobs

The problem is that my MVP (H4 rev. 2.06) never gets past the "Locating Server" screen. I have looked through this forum and others for clues on how to fix this problem for many days now, but without success. I am running openSUSE 10.3. with an Hauppauge Nova-T 500, vdr 1.4.7, vomp server/client 0.2.7 and a few other plugins. The firewall is not running.

I can use xine to use see vdr without any problem. I have also changed my dongle.bin.ver so that I can get past the "Failed to Locate GUI Server" problem.

A point to note that is that when I get to the MediaMVP Preferred Server Screen I see: "<unknown> 10.1.100.2 "but it seems to load the firmware ok.

I have included snippets from /var/log/messages and /tmp/vompserver.log. In vompserver.log, it eventually goes into an endless loop of:
"UDPReplier - UDP request from 10.1.100.41"

Any help really would be very appreciated.

Chris

Please telnet into your MVP when it is sat at "Locating Server". Run ifconfig and see if your network and broadcast details are correct for your network. If they are not, then that is probably your problem - you will need to correct them in your dhcp server.

Post again with success/failure!