Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Can't compile latest CVS

Started by rdoac, November 18, 2007, 17:46:05

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkC

Quote from: rdoac on November 24, 2007, 08:35:02
Is there available source for 2.7 client around, I can compile that with the language file to test?

As well as the pull-by-date method Fourty2 mentioned, you can pull a specific release:

cvs update -r r0-2-7

The -D and -r tags are 'sticky'; to clear them and revert to the mainline, you can use

cvs update -A

If you browse CVS on sourceforge.net, there is a drop-down box showing all the available tags for the -r option.

rdoac

Thanks guys, that did the job...

Have done an Italian language file too.

Is there any merit in messing around with the VDR.jpg logo and/or backgrounds?

I quite fancy some fun options other than standard, dunno if anyone else would be interested?

Chris

I'd be interested!  ;D

See colour.cc and colour.h as well - you can change the colours for the whole program in there.

Chris

For anyone with similar build problems at the build dongle stage with genext2fs:

This isn't quite the same problem as reported earlier in this thread but it might be useful anyway. If genext2fs segfaults try editing the devtable file and remove the first two comment lines. See if it works then.

rdoac

Yea, Chris,

That fixed it for me.. :-)

I'm a happy bunny now.

Can you tell us when CVS is usable again?  (Ie,  you mentioned that TV playback wouldn't work etc)

davep

The CVS version is working for me now  :) The remote control seems much more responsive, with the scrolling speed of the EPG in particular much improved.

rdoac

Hmmm, looks good and compiles, but not quite working for me.

Radio just says channel unavailable, and the Info and Audio buttons are not working.

I'll go back to what I had for the time being.

I like the new on channel display though.  Reminds me of a dreambox.

If there was a way of interfacing it with femon it would be really cool!

Ie, have a signal strength bar, maybe channel logo etc.

Chris

Yep, that is the state of the code at the moment. The Live TV system has been almost completely rewritten, so it's definitely shaky at the moment. I've been using it myself and I would say that if you are careful with it, it is just about usable with the following caveats (mostly as pointed out by rdoac):

* Live Radio won't work
* Summary / audio channel selection won't work
* Old connection lost issues I hope are fixed now (somehow), but if there is an actual _real_ connection lost event now, it won't be handled well at all
* And as I found out just this evening, the new code performs really badly if the server is heavily loaded down. (It actually temporarily completely locked up my MVP..)

All these will be fixed before release.

The new live tv system is a real streaming system, and all the new code is supposed to:

* make it faster to change channels (hopefully)
* have live on the client closer to actual live (I think it's about as good as it's going to get now)
* make the full and now/next EPGs faster during live play
* allow the now/next EPG to do other channels (press left and right!)
* sort out all the lockup delay issues with bad channels, encrypted channels, faulty data, etc etc
* fix the initial A/V sync issues with live play
* look cooler.