Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp media player

Started by avvdr, March 14, 2007, 15:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

avvdr

@MartenR
QuoteI tried today  to make it compile under windows and I am wondering, why mediafile.cc accesses the lokal filesystem.
Can you explain me what it does?
At the moment it makes no sense for me to access the dongle file system.

Basicall the media player infrastructure is somehow generic.
This way it is also possible to access media files locally at the dongle. The basic intention for this was to e.g. enable upnp access to media servers. I did not really work on this intensively in the past - but in general it works.
If this is a problem on windows, just omit registering the local file access functions on windows (skip registering the mediaprovider in ctor localmediafile.cc).
I guess to make it working on windows it would need some changes to deal correctly with the / -> \ issue.

regards
Andreas

avvdr

@davep
QuoteCan anything be done about the aspect ratio of images? If I display images taken from film transparencies (3:2 aspect ratio), they appear on the screen stretched into the 16:9 format. For landscape photos this doesn't look too bad, but portrait photos appear nearly square.
Do you have an example for me?
Not really sure what to do there - I use the settings the menu is in for displaying pictures. Maybe for 16:9 this needs some changes.
It would be helpfull if somebody could give me some hints how it should look like on 16:9 tvs (mine is currently 4:3 ;-().
QuoteAlso fast-forward mode is enabled when playing mp3 files. This makes a terrible noise!
I agree - the only short term solution would be sto disable this.
Maybe somebody knows how to do frame skipping for ff to make it sounding "acceptable"...

regards
Andreas

davep

Quote from: avvdr on December 26, 2008, 20:55:24
Do you have an example for me?
Not really sure what to do there - I use the settings the menu is in for displaying pictures. Maybe for 16:9 this needs some changes.
It would be helpfull if somebody could give me some hints how it should look like on 16:9 tvs (mine is currently 4:3 ;-().

I've taken some photos of my TV screen - apologies for the quality!

http://www.zen7209.zen.co.uk/p1.jpg
This is a scan from 35mm film (3:2 aspect ratio) in portrait mode. The original is 1608x2421 pixels.

http://www.zen7209.zen.co.uk/p2.jpg
A 35mm film scan in landscape, originally 2406x1614 pixels

http://www.zen7209.zen.co.uk/p3.jpg
A digital camera photo (4:3 aspect ratio) landscape 2048x1536 pixels

http://www.zen7209.zen.co.uk/p4.jpg
A digital photo in portrait, 1536x2048 pixels.

My Vomp media settings are:
Picture Mode: Clipfactor
Scale Factor: 1
Size: 100%

rdoac

Hmm, a small point.  It can't seem to play avi files with the latest test1.sh file with spaces in the name.  The previous (or maybe mine) one could.

avvdr

@rdoac,
just uploaded a patched script at http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp.

Thanks for the hint..
Regards
Andreas

avvdr

@davep,
thanks for the examples...
But maybe the problem is still not really clear to me.
Do you run on 16:9 (I guess yes).

What I feel:
If you run everything in 16:9 the pixels are not really square anymore (as assumed for 4:3).
At the end we output still 720x576 (for PAL) but in reality it goes to somewhat like 1024x576 so in horizontal direction every pixel is expanded by 1.4.

If you want to try something and if you are running the latest version and have picture display via test1.sh enabled, you could make some replacements in test1.sh:
around lines 236ff (in convertPicture.sh):

238: fopt="-geometry 1024x$3"
245: gm convert $rtopt $fopt  "$1" jpeg:- | gm convert -geometry '70%x100%!' jpeg:- jpeg:- 2>&1 &

And see how this looks like...
If this is OK, I have to figure out, how I could do this scaling on the vomp side.
Alternatively we could switch picture display to 4:3 (but then it depends on your TV).

Regards
Andreas

davep

Quote from: avvdr on December 27, 2008, 21:34:28
Do you run on 16:9 (I guess yes).

The TV aspect ratio is set by VOMP (using WSS) so maybe the best way is to force the TV to 4:3 when using media player. This will be correct for digital cameras. The best that can be done for portrait photos is if the pictures use all of the available screen height.

avvdr

@davep
QuoteThe best that can be done for portrait photos is if the pictures use all of the available screen height.
If you display jpegs via the converter (test1.sh) it tries to fit the picture to the screen the best it can by keeping the ratio.
I'm still investigating if there is an easy way to do this at the mvp...

Regards
Andreas

AxelAhrens

hello, great that the vomp now can play videos and dvds. My problem is that i donĀ“t know how i have to update my mahlzeit vdr with vomp ?

Can anybody help me ?

greets Axel

avvdr

Today I checked the cvs for media player stuff that is still missing.
I attach 2 patches here - one for the missing corrections in the mediaplayer, the other one for the tcp stuff.
Additionally there are still some missing changes in boxstack.cc - I also attach a patch here - not all of it is really necessary, but at least it creates a working version.

Regards
Andreas

davep

Quote from: avvdr on January 17, 2009, 17:16:37
Today I checked the cvs for media player stuff that is still missing.
I attach 2 patches here - one for the missing corrections in the mediaplayer, the other one for the tcp stuff.

After applying the patches I get these compilation errors:

playermedia.cc: In member function `virtual void PlayerMedia::timercall(int)':
playermedia.cc:650: error: 'class DemuxerMedia' has no member named 'getLastDemuxerPTS'

playermedia.cc: In member function `ULLONG PlayerMedia::getBytesPerSecond()':
playermedia.cc:774: error: 'class DemuxerMedia' has no member named 'getLastDemuxerPTS'

make: *** [playermedia.o] Error 1

avvdr

Sorry - I forgot the demuxermedia...
Attached here.
Regards
Andreas

davep

Now I get:

demuxermedia.cc: In member function `void DemuxerMedia::parseVDRPacketDetails()':
demuxermedia.cc:295: error: 'class PESPacket' has no member named 'duplicateHeader'

avvdr

sorry - currently not really much time to check...
Please do simply omit the call to duplicateHeader in demuxermedia.cc (not really critical for functionality).

regards
Andreas

Lutz

@avvdr:

Hi Andreas,

I'm trying out your media player (Vomp 0.3.1), it works in parts:
I can play mpeg2 videos, but some without sound.
I can play avi's, but they don't fill the screen, they are quarter of size or so..
Isos: If I select an iso file, I get a black screen for some 20 seconds, then back the menu.

Do you have any hints for me? Especially the possibility to replay dvd iso files would be nice to have...

Thank you for your nice work!

Lutz

P.S.: ...Vomp for Windows doesn't replay any of the above