Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp media player

Started by avvdr, March 14, 2007, 15:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

avvdr

Hi,
QuoteI assume, it's the first one only, please confirm.
The first one is OK, the "splitted" contains the same changes but separated into 2 files
QuoteBut when I apply the patch from the first file then vompserver does not compile with vdr-1.4.7:
so they made compiling stricter in 1.4.7..
Please try changing line 2108 into
if (position != (ULLONG)ftell(imageFile)) {

I don't have 1.4.7. - can you just post the CXXFLAGS from Make.config - I would try with them.
If the change works, I will include it into the next patch.

Regards
Andreas

ulbr2000

Hi Andreas

I've changed line 2108 in mvpclient.c but again it does not compile:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `tools.h', needed by `media.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/vdr-1.4.7a/PLUGINS/src/vompserver-0.2.7'

maybe an error in the patch for media.c, line 53?

+#include "tools.h"  <--- should read +#include "vdr/tools.h" ?

I changed above line (inserted the vdr/) and now it compiles...

AND WORKS

I do not have a Make.config, only a Makefile in the VDR-main directory and there are more CXXFLAGS-lines in there.
Which one do you need?

regards

PS: I would love to see playlist-support (e.g.m3u as in Winamp   ;D )

PPS: MP3 files with a rate of 320kbps are stuttering at playback. 256kbps is ok

Chris

Andreas, all:

The media player code is now in CVS. My most humble apologies for it taking so long.  :o

Thank you very much Andreas for your efforts, it looks like it will be an excellent addition to vomp.

davep

Brilliant!

Just updated from CVS onto my VDR 1.5.4 installation (with the patch I posted a couple of weeks ago) and it's working! Maybe I got something wrong in the vomp.conf file because I get to see the root directory of my server, and the jpeg viewer doesn't like some images which have been cropped by the GIMP, but it's still an excellent addition to the project.

Andreas, many thanks.

Dave

avvdr

Chris:
Glad to here that it is in CVS now...
In the moment there is not much time on my side - but I will continue to work on it (at least during winter time...)
If you still remember back my mail - it would be helpfull to have an idea for a "hidden" view to make drawing the new picture possible in background (this would keep the picture viewer responsive during loading).
QuoteAs an alternative I was thinking of moving the view outside the visible screen (I made some tries and this seemed to work - but it's a bit dirty and I would not like it). Maybe you have some idea for this...

@davep:
you should add something like:
[Media]
  Dir.1=/home/Andreas/pictest
  Dir.2=/home/video
  Dir.3=/home/bilder
  Dir.4=/media
to the vomp.conf (refer to readme_media.txt) - if nothing is configured, it defaults to /.
Have you got an example of a non working jpeg (at the end I'm afraid that I cannot do much - it depends on the jpeg lib...).

Regards
Andreas

davep

Quote from: avvdr on July 18, 2007, 18:22:25
you should add something like:
[Media]
  Dir.1=/home/Andreas/pictest
  Dir.2=/home/video
  Dir.3=/home/bilder
  Dir.4=/media
to the vomp.conf (refer to readme_media.txt) - if nothing is configured, it defaults to /.

The active configuration file on my system is called vomp-00-0D-FE-00-16-FE.conf - this is the file which is updated when configuration changes are made, and that's where I originally put the [Media] section. However I've since discovered that the multimedia directories are actually read from vomp.conf  :-\

Dave

avvdr

OK - this was intentionally - the vom-<any-mac>.conf is for each particular vomp client, whereas the vomp.conf is related to all vomp's connected to this server. And I felt, that the media directories more belong to the server then to one particular client...

Regards
Andreas

hondansx

Would be nice, if Chris could take this into CVS for the vomp.conf.sample.

Bye
Alex
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

riban

Hi

Just compiled vompserver from cvs to get the media player working. Good work.

Have you considered providing exif orientation support as suggested earlier in this thread (http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=9kamvi4g78gns6rhg2vjhl4ff7&topic=248.msg1473#msg1473)?

This would make it so much better. We have been getting neck ache, looking at half our pictures at 90 degrees! Also, the pictures all come out rather small (probably only using half the available screen real estate) and have the wrong aspect ratio. I forced my widescreen TV to 4:3 which improved things but I don't think this fixed it completely and it would be better if the picture viewer accounted for aspect ratio.

Is there a way of getting it to traverse directories? Currently it sits on one directory and loops. This is true for both audio and pictures. I would like to be able to say, "play all files in all subdirectories of this one".

Also, could the pause button resume play back from pause (that is press pause button to pause playback then press pause button (or play button) to resume playback)?

And another thing: any chance of a random play option?

Sorry for the long list of feature requests and feedback. I just want it even better.

Cheers

Walt

Uatschitchun

Just stumbled across this great great new feature!

The missing media-playback was the only drawback that keeps me from using vompserver ;)

If movie-playback will come, too (would be cool if even server-side recoding of other formats than mpeg is possible) I have no wishes left!

Big thx for this  ;D

Lg
Roman

avvdr

Hi all,
been out for a while, some answers here:
@riban:
QuoteHave you considered providing exif orientation support as suggested earlier in this thread
Yes it's on my list (still needs to become autumn or winter...).
QuoteAlso, the pictures all come out rather small (probably only using half the available screen real estate) and have the wrong aspect ratio.
Hmm - could you describe this in more detail and give an example?
I try to keep the aspect. In the moment I can only scale by 1/2,1/4,1/8 - so I would allow 10% being cropped if too big - otherwise I use the next fitting scale. I would need either some server side preprocessing or an adapted libjpeg  :(.
QuoteIs there a way of getting it to traverse directories
OK - have to think about
QuoteAlso, could the pause button resume play back from pause
For audio it should work like this, have to check for the picture viewer.
QuoteAnd another thing: any chance of a random play option?
You can use the blue button to change the sort order - it traverses trough name,time,random - things will be played like this...
@Uatschitchun:
movie playback is also one of my prio 1 items...
Other server side formats - no chance to do this via vomp. But at least I think about options for playing them (will need server side conversion).

Regards
Andreas

riban

Hi Andreas

Thanks for the response. I have done some further investigation and describe the results below. I am currently using cvs snapshot from 22nd July 2007.

Pressing pause button when audio or pictures are paused does not resume playback.

Using blue button to change replay order works (thanks) but the indication on the screen gets out of step (e.g. display 'Name' but actually sorted / replaying randomly).

The information display for audio playback shows this:

MpegInfo: MPEG 1/L3 CBR, SR=44k, Joint Stero

Note the spelling mistake, should say Stereo.

Could the sample rate be shown as 44.1kHz?

Could the MpegInfo say something like Coding Info or Algorithm Info?

The buffering of the audio data causes some actions to be delayed (e.g. Fast forward). There are other cases where Vomp suffers this (e.g. aspect ratio signal changes). Is there any way of working around this? Maybe flushing buffers or using smaller ones?

Examples of problems with image size:

All images are stretched horizontally when displayed on a wide screen TV with aspect ratio set to 16:9. This is what my TV detects from the mvp in my setup.

An image of size 1280 x 1600 pixels is shown scaled to 1/4. This appears 23cm high on a screen with 32cm available height.

An image of size 1600 x 1280 pixels is shown scaled to 1/2. This fills the screen real estate. When the TV is forced to 4:3 aspect ratio, the image is slightly distorted. There should be space at the sides but there is not. Does your code crop the image at all?

An image of size 3456 x 2304 pixels is shown scaled to 1/8. This appears 16cm high on the same screen (32cm height available). It appears 28cm wide (4:3 aspect) with 43cm available screen. (It appears 38cm wide in 16:9 aspect with 57cm available screen.)

I hope there is sufficient detail here to help you. I understand the seasonal thing. I have just got back from camping and feel much better for having been away from this thing (computer).

Cheers

Walt

rdoac

Hey guys, I just stumbled across this today, I had been running a dongle from cvs for a few weeks but only just noticed the media option then read up in this thread how to get it working.  I now have my photos and mp3 working.  Again I would agree that avi playback would be perfect and would recommend using mencoder to recode on the fly similar to how vlc "works" on a dreambox.  I use mencoder to recode a TS stream with streamdev to watch my sat tv on a laptop when I am away from home.  If it can encode to divx then it will encode to mpeg 2 for the vomp. Have a look at extern.sh in /usr/share/vdr/streamdev (if you haven't already).

As an aside, does anyone have a newer windows clilent compiled with the features, I use a laptop in our bedroom to watch TV and it would be wonderful to have the same functionality.

mentox

Hi,

works great from cvs. Thanks for this good work !!!

i have miss mp3 support at first time :-)

is it possible to play a folder completly or at this moment only file by file ?

thanks and greetings mentox

hondansx

is it possible to play a folder completly or at this moment only file by file ?

No
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3