Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vomp media player

Started by avvdr, March 14, 2007, 15:52:25

Previous topic - Next topic

muellerph

Quote from: avvdr on March 17, 2007, 09:51:32
Do you have any suggestions how to improve the selection?
Not really much we can do about it. If you have 850 pictures in a directory, then beside of the filename there is not much more info available.
So either you do the organization manually by dividing into subdirectories or you have all in one. Even Thumbnails wouldn't help with 850 pictures (but would if it is on the range <100).
Exif may have additional info or maybe future cameras will include a GPS information as well. Using additional software with database integration (digikam, kimdaba) is not usable as well, as such info is not standardized.

As stated before I would propose to show directories in a different color and from sorting always on top. That's the only thing I'm missing.

Another general point:
You define in media which directories should be included.
E.g. /home/dude/myPictures.
The "ugly" point in the file selection is that this path is always displayed and if the path is long it doesn't really add info.
I would propose to have for each entry in media-section the path and a "name" which is then displayed as "root" for the path displayed. Or at least only display the last directory name.

Of course it would be helpfull to have thumbnails - but this will surely contradict the performance issue.
The thumbnail view should be optional. It's faster to find a special picture if you have a preview, but for sure if I want to see anyway a slideshow of the full directory this is definitely not needed.

Bug:
One tiny bug I found:
In case your path is not entered correctly in the media-section, then during display an error message is displayed. If you now press "back" then the display is broken but functional working. Just tiny as you only do the setup of the path once.

Feature requests:
1. Delete. It would be an easy way to delete the double pictures you made and only remain the best one. At least we do always 3-4 pictures of a scene and when we see the result on a big screen, just leave the best ones.
´
2. Exif orientation:
You can use the orientation stored in the EXIF info right from the beginning. No need for a full EXIF library just to do that. A code snippet how to read it can be found in following source file of mvpmc: Just look into the function "get_exif_orient".

avvdr

Hi all,
today I finished a new version for the mediaplayer.
It fixes a couple of bugs (thanks to muellerph and Walt for finding them) and the audio player functions for playing MP3 including ID3 reading and VBR handling.
Also included is some improvde sorting in the media views (directories always on top) and marking dirs with [].
There is an important fix for the epgsettimer - that was broken in the last version.
This can be applied separately on top of the last patches.
Patches are still against CVS of 07/03/14.

Find the patches and dongle again at http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp/index.html.
Replies are welcome.

Regards
Andreas

muellerph

Hello,

just loaded now the new dongle.
May you also provide the new vdrlib, otherwise the timer is still broken (at least here it is with just the new dongle).
I still don't have a vdr compilation environment (still trying to get my new computer booting linux - sata issue) and in case you have it anyway compiled would be cool to have it for us as well.

Music now works great. Just one thing: The ID3 tag recognition sometimes shows nothing. I assume there could be a check if the tag exists but has no content.

Thanks,

Philipp

avvdr

Hi Philipp,
strange ...
I didn't change the vdr lib - so it's still the same like last time (the timer correction was for the client).
The timer issue (on my site) was a pure crash -i .e. immediately when you try to set a timer from the epg vomp crashed.
Does this still happen?
Or is there any other issue?
I just double checked, but I'm quite sure that I used the right vompclient to build the dongle.

For the ID3 issue:
In general if noo ID3 is there there will only be the small display with file info and mpge info (if there).
For emtpy fields (album, artist) there is no special handling in the moment. For title I check for completely empty fields - it should display the filename in this case in the view headline.
The other things I could put on the list - maybe not prio 1.
My next step will be:
- rebase to new CVS (Chris made some changes in the timer handling Im going to test)
- improve image viewer (faster, more responsive, better scaling)
- "undock" audio player (+ playlists)
- mpg video player
Only my time is a little bit limited in the moment - spring is there - needs some outdor activities...

Regards
Andreas

muellerph

Hi Andreas,

Quote from: avvdr on March 30, 2007, 20:19:01
The timer issue (on my site) was a pure crash -i .e. immediately when you try to set a timer from the epg vomp crashed.
Does this still happen?
Fixed :)

Or is there any other issue?
Yes. In the timerlist I can see all the timers existing but every name is just a "c", so the names are wrong.
Another one: As soon as I press OK on a timer in the list, the client crashes. Not that I use this option very often, but still a crash.

I'm also sure that I use the newest dongle you provided as within MP3 I can jump with 0-9.

For the ID3 issue:
In general if no ID3 is there there will only be the small display with file info and mpge info (if there).
Yes, I have seen that.
For empty fields (album, artist) there is no special handling in the moment.
That's what I meant with empty displaying.

QuoteFor title I check for completely empty fields - it should display the filename in this case in the view headline.
The other things I could put on the list - maybe not prio 1.
Yes not prio 1.

Cannot wait for the next features. And yes spring is also pressing me outdoor with the kiddies.

avvdr

Hi Phillip,
thanks for the intensive testing...
QuoteYes. In the timerlist I can see all the timers existing but every name is just a "c", so the names are wrong.
I cannot see this on mine.
Maybe I still need some more testing (but really didn't change things there...).
QuoteAnother one: As soon as I press OK on a timer in the list, the client crashes. Not that I use this option very often, but still a crash.
Fixed this and uploaded new patch + dongle at www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp
Regards
Andreas

muellerph

Quote from: avvdr on April 01, 2007, 07:45:44
QuoteYes. In the timerlist I can see all the timers existing but every name is just a "c", so the names are wrong.
I cannot see this on mine.
Maybe I still need some more testing (but really didn't change things there...).
I have checked this in more detail.
It is not related to the dongle (I checked both) but to the libvdr. When I use the original libvdr-vompserver I get the normal names whichever dongle I use.
When I use your libvdr-vompserver then I have the "c", whichever dongle I use.
QuoteAnother one: As soon as I press OK on a timer in the list, the client crashes. Not that I use this option very often, but still a crash.
Fixed this and uploaded new patch + dongle at www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp
Yes fixed ;)

Thanks,

Philipp

hondansx

Hi,

sounds really nice.
For testing I need the cvs code from 07/14/03 for the serverpart. Can anyone give me a hint how to get this code for this date?

Thanks
Walter
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

riban

To get vompserver from a specific date, use the -D option:

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@vomp.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/vomp co -D "14 March 2007"-P vompserver

(I assume 07/14/03 is supposed to be 14th March 2007!)

Walt

hondansx

@riban

Mercy that helped.
But now I can't compile:

make[1]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »tools.h«,
  benötigt von »media.o«, zu erstellen.  Schluss

Walter

avvdr

Hi Walter,
how do you compile?
At least you need the vdr inc/src.
Just check the Makefile for the VDRDIR/LIBDIR setting.
As mentioned I have Suse 10.2. with vdr installed, so VDRDIR is at /usr/include/vdr.
Normally if you have vdr src it points to your source dir.

Regards
Andreas

avvdr

@muellerph
Hi Philipp
QuoteI have checked this in more detail.
It is not related to the dongle (I checked both) but to the libvdr. When I use the original libvdr-vompserver I get the normal names whichever dongle I use.
When I use your libvdr-vompserver then I have the "c", whichever dongle I use.
I guess this is related to the cvs src just without mod's. Did you ever try without my patches applied?
I run against vdr 1.4.5 and it works (just double checked).
If I find some time I will try against 1.2.6 (but not sure if this compiles...).

Regards
Andreas

muellerph

@Andreas,

I will check in more details - but will only be able to do it at the end of the week.

But as your libvdr is from SuSE and the original I have is from/for Etch, there maybe also other issues involved with dependecies on the distribution used. As stated before I now have Etch as system.

I have also had some random crashes when setting a timer, sometimes it worked sometimes vdr crashed (not the dongle).

As stated before, I first need to check it in more details before you start to investigate to much. Or someone else can confirm this behaviour.

Philipp

hondansx

@avvdr

It´s Debian Sarge and vdr sources.
I changed back the Makefile to:

VDRDIR = ../../..
LIBDIR = ../../lib

That should it be or may I am wrong ?

Regards Walter

avvdr

@Walter
QuoteVDRDIR = ../../..
LIBDIR = ../../lib
quite sure - plugin src should be at
.../PLUGINS/src/vompserver

Regards
Andreas
PS: What version of vdr do you use (just to know if it works...).
At least I found the 1.4.5 I have now much more stable then any previous one (already had vdr for a long time)