@avvdr

it's 1.4.6 and same error as before.

Makefile

VDRDIR = ../../..
LIBDIR = ../../lib
TMPDIR = /tmp

make.sh

make VDRDIR=../../.. LIBDIR=../../lib PLUGINLIBDIR=../../lib $*

Where can I set the plugin src directory and is it necessary?

I don't understand what is wrong.
Can anybody enlighten me?

Walter
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

avvdr

Hi Walter,
strange...
When I remember things right with vdr src, you have to go to the vdr dir and call make plugins - this should do the job.
If I have some time (only next week) I will try again with the real vdr src.

Regards
Andreas

hondansx

Hi avvdr,

I did this for sure.
That would be great if you could do :-)

Thanks
Walter

carsten

Hi,

I can confirm that you need to call "make plugins" when compiling plugins, as it will besides other
things set some symbolic links for the includes includes e.g. the one you are missing: tools.h.

I didn't get what you meant by "I did this for sure". Did you mean you called make *plugins*?

You could also use e-tobi.net as repository and try that. That stuff is debianized.

Best Regards,
Carsten.

hondansx

@carsten

Sorry for my bad english.
I meant I did "make plugins".

Thanks for this interesting point ::):
things set some symbolic links for the includes includes e.g. the one you are missing: tools.h.

which helped me that it works now with this step  :D:

ln -s /usr/local/src/vdr-1.4.6/include/vdr/tools.h /usr/include

Now I can test this nice peace of code.
and thanks to avvdr.

Happy Eastern

hondansx

Hi,

sorry, now I get these errors if I build the dongle:

-O3 -Wall -Wshadow -Wno-format -Werror -D_GNU_SOURCE -I../jpeg/jpeg-6b   -c -o mark.o mark.cc
In file included from mark.cc:21:
mark.h:37: error: syntax error before `;' token
make: *** [mark.o] Error 1

In mark.h in line 37 I can see:

typedef vector<Mark*> MarkList;

What is the correct syntax?

Walter

riban

This is the script I use to build vompserver plugin:

grep VDR README>/dev/null 2>&1 && make all DVBDIR=/usr/include VDRDIR=/usr/include/vdr LIBDIR=. || echo "VDR not found in README so not building"

I move to the vompserver directory and run this script. I then copy the resulting libvdr-vompserver.so to the vdr plugin directory as libvdr-vompserver.so.1.2.6. (Note the suffix 1.2.6 corresponds to the vdr version.) On Debian Sarge this directory is /usr/lib/vdr/plugins.

Obviously changing DVBDIR and VDRDIR to where they are installed on your system.

Might not help but it is the way I get around using pre-compiled vdr. I don't remember the problem that prompted use of this script but it works. You may need to do a make clean first.

Walt

avvdr

Hi Walter,
QuoteIn file included from mark.cc:21:
mark.h:37: error: syntax error before `;' token
make: *** [mark.o] Error 1
-- hmm strange.
Have you been able to compile without the patches applied?
I guess you forgot to set the CROSS env variable - should be something like
export CROSS=/opt/crosstool/powerpc-405-linux-gnu/gcc-2.95.3-glibc-2.2.5/bin/powerpc-405-linux-gnu-

Regards
Andreas

yymsc

Hi,

when I boot my MVP with your dongle.bin, it does not accept any remote commands anymore. Any ideas what could be the reason for this?

thx,
Matthias

torsten

Hi,

Matthias' problem occurs on my box, too. I'm using vdr version 1.3.4x with a new remote. Even telnetting the box and starting the client with 'vompclient -d' didn't give me any hint to solve the problem.

BTW

@avvdr: Please separate your patches concerning OpenSUSE 's path structure from the rest. It would it make it much easier to get your patches to work.

Regards

Torsten

avvdr

Hi all,
have been away for some days...
2 answers:
Quotewhen I boot my MVP with your dongle.bin, it does not accept any remote commands anymore. Any ideas what could be the reason for this?
- I guess this is due to an rather old hauppauge dongle I used for creating the dongle. Try to switch to old remote - this could work.
See http://www.loggytronic.com/vomp-usage.php - configuration options how to switch.
I will try to build a new one (but need some time to do this). First I need to know which is the dongle version Chris uses... - does anybody know?

QuotePlease separate your patches concerning OpenSUSE 's path structure from the rest. It would it make it much easier to get your patches to work.
I will do this - but it's very simple - just 2 lines in the makefile with VDRDIR and LIBDIR.

Regards
Andreas

yymsc

Lucky me, I'm having an old remote too, and this is working.

thanks,
Matthias

Kloana

Hi avvdr, Hi Chris,

will this media client be implemented in the cvs repository, or do we have to patch the cvs, by our own?

I'm asking because i use the "Mahlzeit ISO 3.2", and I'm not very familiar with patching and compiling sources. ;-(

Thanks in advance,
regards
Herbert

avvdr

Hi Herbert,
Quotewill this media client be implemented in the cvs repository, or do we have to patch the cvs, by our own?
I guess finally this has to be answered by Chris.
At the end there is still some work to be done (so I have to rwrite some of the things to make it easier to fit into the current cvs).
In the mean time you can try out the compiled dongle.
Hopefully I will be able to provide new patches + dongle basing on the current cvs soon.

Regards
Andreas

avvdr

Hi all,
I just rebased the mediaplayer to the current cvs (client side) as of 07/05/12.
Additionally it is made with makedevenv-5 - so the newest modules are used, this could potentially fix some problems with the new remote.
The files are available at http://www.wellenvogel.de/software/vomp/index.html.
No new functionality, just internal rewriting and newest version.
@Chris: I rebased everything to work without dynamic surfaces.
The attached tgz contains separated patches for changes at base, wjpeg and additional files.
The changes at the base classes now are:

• integrating with current vomp(vwelcome,vdr,...)
  • resetting audio type in all players
  • adding PLAY to the initial key mappings
  • wjpeg (separate patch)

Testing and replies are welcome...
Regards
Andreas