Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Testing needed!

Started by Chris, March 04, 2007, 01:41:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

For people with development environments set up:

Please could you download and test the current CVS code, I have made some small but major changes to the way that the timers module works and it needs some testing. It seems to be working quite well here (I'm surprised) but it could do all sorts of crashing or more likely freezing / hanging in situations I'm not putting it in.

If it's all working it will certainly fix a segfault crash that I found and may well allow the GUI to be a bit more responsive in some circumstances.

The segfault that it fixes occurs if you press back to leave a recording when the blue timer bar is being displayed - and you time it exactly right with a clock update (5 per second, so it did happen sometimes).

davep

When the client boots up it gets to the main menu screen, then immediately shows the 'recordings' screen, then starts playing the most recent recording! After that everything's fine...

This is with D3A client hardware, the old remote control, and using vdr 1.4.5 or 1.4.6 on the server.

Chris

Yeah I left that in by mistake. Fixed now. Glad to hear it's working fine otherwise.

sirwio

Works fine for me so far...

- Magnus

vdr 1.4.5-2
H3 hardware

hondansx

Wenn I press the ok button to edit any existing timer, I can nothing change. Is this okay or may I am wrong. ???

BR
Alex

vdr 1.4.5-2
D3A Client
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

avvdr

Hi Chris,
not sure if you ment the timers implementation?
As I wrote in my post I found some problems there
--snip from readme
- timer retrieved from list, waiting to fire but destination gone (canceled timer),
   nextTimer will not be NULL there... - so need a add. check
- cancel called within the timer firing - deadlock today, could delete timer from list..
--snip.
See this post with the timers patch.
http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=248.msg1449#msg1449

If you like we could discuss the issues a bit..

Regards
Andreas