News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Enhancements: JumpPlay (skip ads) and sender logos (patches and dongle)

Started by ravageng, February 18, 2007, 14:55:44

Previous topic - Next topic

ravageng

Hello Vomp-Fans,

I've patched Vomp-client with two enhancements.

JumpPlay:
- it just skips ads
- can be toggled on/off by pressing the "go" button while playback of recordings
- added menu option to start playback with JumpPlay turned off.
- black bar on the playback-banner means: this is an ad and is skipped
TODO:
- don't skip small ads < 1min (often a misdetection of noad here)
- make configurable via menu

(I've already posted this a few months ago without much response. Several improvements were made since then.)

Show sender logos:
- just show a logo for the sender in channel selection and on live banner
- the logos are stored as jpg-files in /logo
TODO:
- code cleanup
- add more logos

I used both of them since a few months without any problems so far.

Thanks to the great build scripts of Chris I was able to create a dongle.
If someone is willing to test or to upload it - I will send to you. (Sorry, the forum as an 1000kb limit per file).

Please post your comments, problems, opinions,... :)

Best regards,
Ravage

::) Note: to see screenshots you must be logged in.

Schnurps

Wow! That's really great! :-))
Hopefully this will be part of the next official release!

hondansx

GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

hondansx

GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

ravageng

:D

Attached.
Note: They are converted into jpegs from this file:
-> http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo/distfiles/logos-0.2.tar.gz
(from gentoo distribution).

All images won't fit onto a dongle.
The second file attached does only include a (personal) selection for a dongle. You can include more jpgs by using symlinks for same senders.

Put them into the (NFS)root-dir in subdir /logo/.

Please let me know if you need more information or when you find any problems.

Greetings!

pompase

Wouldn't it be a good way to include these logos via a nfs share? In my opinion this could be done very easily. As the diskspace on the mvp is very narrow it would be a good way to save data on an nfs share.

ravageng

Hi pompase,

of course the nfs share is the best way (here at home I use it always instead of dongles).
But you _could_ add it to an dongle - if you want to (that's why I also posted the "selection").

pompase

hi,
what I meant was to mount the logo dir from within the dongle by configuration, or to even get the logos by the vomp protocol from the vomp-server plugin (to make it a seamless integration, hence no config of the nfs neccessary). The second option in my opinion would be great, as some people already have some logos running on the vdr.

MartenR

I don't love the idea of using a nfs share, since this won't be compatible to the windows client. I think loading the logo files should be processed with a command throw the normal vomp protocoll like pompase suggested, so that no additional configuration is needed.

Marten

MarkC

Chris mentioned to me a while ago that one of the things on the "to do" list is some way of transferring general data/files via VOMP protocol. The first application of this was likely to be for the i18n (or should that be l10n?) data and/or fonts. Now that people are asking for logos, perhaps that will be easier to start with :-)

Chris

Actually my first use for it will be the wallpaper (saves space in the dongle, makes it configurable easily on the server side), but yes, i18n would not be far behind. Transferring logos around would be done like this, not with NFS. Even before the Windows client I didn't want to start adding all kinds of different file system drivers to the dongle, now Marten has provided a concrete reason for keeping things in the vomp protocol.

On another note, does anyone have a H3 and want to get the wireless driver working? I can provide files and hints (such as it works with a mvpmc kernel but not mine). Currently I am struggling to find the time to work on vomp, which is delaying the rest of the project as well because if I spend time on vomp it has to go on getting the wireless working.

Chris

Ok, scrap the request for wireless help now, the part I was stuck at now works.