MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Still Problems with my H3 and the new 0.2.6-1

Started by UweHeinritz, February 08, 2007, 17:21:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hmm, this could be the same problem I had with my NFS root dev setup (on a D3...!)

Try booting the MVPMC dongle, then vomp again, see if that works.

UweHeinritz

Hello Chris,
I tried this when I testet the mvpmc-dongle and it is always the same. :-(

Can you provide us with a dongle from the current cvs (there should be some changes for the Hx-MVP's). Is this dongle compatible with the vompserver 2.6 on the vdr?

Bye, Uwe.

Chris

Sorry to disappoint but there is nothing in cvs that will help. The only change related to Hx models is the inclusion of MVPMCs wireless setup code, the rest of the changes are for ac3 on windows and new timers code to resolve a crash. (And the wireless setup code isn't too useful yet anyway because of the current dongle setup).

tycoon96

@UweHeinritz,

i have exactly the same problem as you described in your first post.

today i downloaded the cvs files, compiled it new and try´d it a few minutes ago. Still the same problem....

@Chris,
How can we support you on this issue ?? is there a chance to get these Hx models up and running ??

greets

tycoon96

Chris

I would love to accept your help, but I don't know where to begin. I have a H3 here and while it has its problems, it isn't the completely dead H3 you have. In theory yes, if the MVPs you have can run MVPMC then they can run vomp, but somebody needs to find the difference between what the mvpmc and vomp dongles is when it comes to booting. My suspicion at the moment is that it's something to do with the static ram contents (since I have had problems with booting a D3) but I don't really know anything about it.

In short... I don't know!

prudentis

Hy@all,

is this problem solved since the beginning of this thread ?

cu byby prudentis

Urumbel

Hi @ all,

I have the same problem. I sniffered the connection and saw, that the box requests the file "dongle.bin.ver". The server sends this file to the box ca. 10 times with no response of the box. After that, the box starts a new search for a server. It seems that the box doesn't get the dongle.bin.ver-file, but the server definitely sends it.

I have MediaMVP Rev. H4 and vomp-server0.2.6 and vomp-dongle-0.2.6.

Can anyone help me?

Greets

Urumbel