News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Anamorphic streams get cropped from the sides (16:9 vs 4:3 problem)

Started by anzip, December 29, 2006, 17:56:35

Previous topic - Next topic

anzip

Hi,

The installation was a breeze with my system. I just launched the program "vompclient.exe" and it just worked. Nothing was set up in vomp-server side. Not even a MAC address, which is needed for the Hauppauge Media-MVP. Also the vomp-server IP-address was some magical way automatically found out. However, my only problem is that in the area I live in (Finland) we have quite a lot of programs already sent in anamorphic format i.e. in 16:9 and when such a program is watched with the Windows client both sides of picture get cropped so much that for example subtitles can't be read (first and last letters will get lost). So is there a way to set the aspect ratio of the vompclient or could the program automatically (which would be preferred) change the the aspect ratio of the screen automatically by either adding black borders to both bottom and top of the picture or alternatively changing the the window size from from 4:3 to 16:9.
Or am I the only one with the problem?

Anssi

Chris

Hello, I'm glad installation went well. Your question depends on whether you have found the configuration options or not. It should be as simple as going to the options from the main menu, into "General", and making sure you have set "TV aspect ratio" to "4:3" and "16:9 on 4:3 display mode" to "Letterbox".

If you already found that and it still doesn't work, errrrrr :)

anzip

Hi,

Thanks for the info. No, I haven't had found the options menu. I was thinking too "Windowsily" and when there wasn't any normal menus with traditional "settings" pull down menu I didn't look for the screen menus. Anyways, this should be added to the documentation.

And yes now with "letterbox" enabled also the widescreen TV programs show up as expected.

Anssi