MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Great Server, couple questions.

Started by Hoochster, August 15, 2005, 19:57:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochster

So is the GUI in the Dongle?  If so is there any way to get the source to it?  Maybe me and a buddy of mine can take a look at it for other odds and ends that maybe we can help with.  He is a programmer type. 

Chris

Yes, the GUI is in the dongle. The source code to the client program is in SourceForge CVS just as the server is - the module is called "client". It's not just as simple as that though, if you want to compile it you have to set up a cross compiler environment, but I have documented how to do that on the website.

As for the crash, I have fixed it, the fix will be inlcuded in dongle 0.0.8, which should be today or tomorrow.

Hoochster

Cool will check out the client and see if we can goof with it, thanks a ton for the fix, can't wait to try it.  If your buddy figures out the demuxer on recording playback then we are set.  The only other features I would love to see which is why I was interested in the source, was what we talked about before on the mplayer etc.  The other plugins do it, so if we can get that capability back then we have a full fledged client!  I know you said that it would be tricky so don't expect it to be an overnight thing! :)  But still think you have the best GUI etc.  Thank you for taking the time and sharing it with us.  If there is anything I can do just let me know.  Will keep an eye out for the new dongle.

Chris

Good luck!

The demuxer bug is fixed, that will be in dongle 0.0.8 as well.

Chris

I've posted the dongle. Let me know what's fixed and what's not!

Hoochster

Sweet bud, yup the channel list shows up properly now, great find!  Also recordings does look much more stable now!  Didn't know that was gonna be a client side fix cool!  Honestly haven't played with volume yet just have it going into the video in of my monitor hehe.  Till I got channels working properly was no reason to hook to tv! :) 

So yes channels show up now!  Thank you.  Slow to list but that is fine!
Recordings playback without the blotchyness happening.

One thing I noticed though, I can fastforward but can't rewind?  Pause works fine too just no rewind.  I know you have the skip buttons, etc maybe it isn't supposed to work, and that is just fine.  Just noticed FF works so figured RW should!  No biggie.  Other than that, appears to be working great!  Thank you for all the work you put into it! 

Now if we can just get Mplayer working by tomorrow we will be set!  LMAO j/k, I know it will take time hehe.

Thanks again!

Chris

Haha yeah, Mplayer by tomorrow, well you'll have to be quick about that one, won't you? ;)

Yep, rewind doesn't do anything yet. That would be because I havn't worked out how to do it yet :) I have to say though that with all the skip buttons (inc yellow and green for about 10s each way) I find I rarely want to use rewind. But I will get it working one day.

Hoochster

Ya I agree totally, in fact using Mplayer all I ever do is the skip stuff.  Would be nice to somehow incorporate the skipping into the arrow keys like Mplayer does.  Left/Right for every 10seconds and Up/Down for 1min or however.  But dunno what is involved in that.  Then definately wouldn't need rewind. 

But ya it is working great so far.  I updated my howto on my site for everything.  Thank you again for your persistance in fixing the issues I was having with it. 

And your tone of voice sounds like you might not have Mplayer by tomorrow?  What's the deal! :)  Hehe

ere

Hi Chris, I'm impressed !

Some days ago I first saw your client and tarcked since then this forum - great how you are assisting users.

When I first installed it, tow days ago I remaraked that vomp shows some channels as unavailable which are available using the "standard" mediamvp plugin - I will test it with the actual version later today (I can't do it now as it is a rainy sunday ... the family wouldn't be happpy to shutdown the system now <g>)

In general, when you publish a new dongle version, do I also need to install an actual server version?

thanks
rene

Chris

Hi.

The vomp plugin requests live streaming from VDR at a priority of zero, if you get the channel unavailable message it means that VDR has refused the channel at that priority. Or this is what I am hoping to happen! Do you have a fully featured card that may be displaying a channel with VDR itself?

As for upgrading the server, only sometimes you will need to update the server. If its necessary when I publish a new dongle I will always try to remember to put that in the release announcement.

ere

fyi - adding a second receiver card (which i wanted to install for weeks) solved the problem - maybe there was another process using the channel