Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Client hang up as soon a VideoStream should be displayed

Started by GTRDRIVER, December 09, 2006, 12:47:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

@GTRDRIVER
and what messageboxes does appear before crash? Just in order to see, where it crashes, if it the same position in the code as in kdeiss case.

Marten

kdeiss

ok, stage version output

stage 2
stage 1
stage 2
stage 3
stage 9
stage 10
stage 1
stage 2
stage 3
stage 9
stage 10
connect leave 3
connect enter
connect without mtype
next enter
next leave succesfull

bumm !

hope this helps ....

Wouldn't it be more effective to write debug output to a file ?

klaus

MartenR

Hi, thanks for the input.
Regarding the log file, that isn't more effective, because the messagebox stops the executing thread. If it crashes always at the same place, I know that it is in right thread. With a log file this information will be lost, since there is no timing indepent of the programm like  a user pressing a button, second thing is that the bug seems to be inside the directshow code of vomp and this means it is not granted which thread (maybe processes) access the function and I don't know if file handles can be shared.

Unfortunetely I assumed that the crash is in another place and the stage message where in the wrong place to determine the place of the crash. So another round starts, now I need all report messages after the last ""connect without mtype" .
I know this is annoying (I have done this several times while developing vomp, if debugging was forbidden by mpeg2 decoder filter), but after the second test we know that the crash occurs inside connect method (several hundered lines), now I know that it crashes inside only 5 lines in connect and after this test I know in which line. (binary search algorithm=

One thing I was thinking C3PO seems to have the same problem, but he was no next leave sucessful at the end, so please look what happen if it  is executed twice, do you reproduce the same messages?

Marten

kdeiss

additional info:

I read the thread on vdr portal and saw the graph output from poly (who had a working installation) and there is a difference, I have selected version 6.0.0.1424, which shows itself in graphedit as "cyberlink video /sp decoder (PCM4)", see attachment. The version from poly: "cyberlink video /sp decoder"
I scanned my system and I found 4 different versions of clsvd.ax.
I don't know if its usefull .....

klaus

kdeiss

hi marten,

ok i checked it 3x. Here is the output:

connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessfull
report 1
report 2
report 7
stage 1
next enter
next leave unsucessfull
stage 2
connect leave 3
connect enter

connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessfull
report 1
report 2

BUMM!

Seems to be a very very uggly bug .....

klaus

MartenR

It is really ugly, it is inside receiveconnection, that means directshow or the filter calls another method of my pin and then crashes. I have to think about it, how to get closer. But one important question, does windows say in which module it crashes ? In vompclient.exe or other module ?

Regarding the different versions of powerdvd, a buggy mpeg2 filter can crash vomclient.exe also and then vomp is innocent.  I have powerdvd 6.0.0.1921 (but clvsd.ax, is it a typo). I have never seen a cyberlink filter with (PCM4). It maybe interresting, in which directory the different filters are located and to know their version. Maybe the crash is not vomps fault. But since I reimplement the interface formerly from streambase just three weeks ago and the crash is connect to them, it is more probable that vomp is the origin.

Marten

kdeiss

kdeiss

Hi Marten,

I'am sorry to bring you more bad news.

This evening I made some tests in my office. I installed the newest dongle bin and compiled the 0.25 plugin. With MVP all worked fine as expected.

I've tested your win client on 4 machines
Two of them with w2k, before test newest DirectX. On both machines only a white, froozen window - nothing more....

Then another XP machine (medion hassenichgesehn), very strange: click on the executable and nothing, really nothing, no window, no dialog box - nothing.

Finally I tested it on an acer t135 with a nagelnew original fresh XP image: First time I could enjoy you program - running very good now more then one hour.....

Yes - windows is really a nightmare, I hope that you don't give up. Vomp for Windows is a great idea !!

greetz

Klaus

MartenR

@kdeeis
regarding the screen shots:
1) Filterscreenshot:
Hmm, I think you should try to use the newest Filter in your list. 6.1....  There may be two ways (I think only one of them might work). If all Filter are registered with DirectShow (it might be that only one is registered, because they are more or less the same), than increase the Merit of the newest (look at the vdr-portal thread, how to do this), but maybe there is only one registred, then reinstall the application with the newest Filter. If they both don't work, there would be also a command line method.

2) Well this is catched by Visual Studio if you press ok the normal windows message would appear and maybe say the module in which the segfault appears. One other thing, you seem to have Visual C++ installed on your computer. Are you capable to debug it?, for error  finding I usually need only the line of the crash and the call stack, this might be  a lot faster than MessageBoxing

Regarding the problem I'm also going through the code to think what code might be crashing, but this is on going(and during the week my time is limited due to work).

The other computers:
W2k: Well I have no idea, what is happening, you can run vomp as in a console  "vompclient.exe >vomp.log" and logging will be written to vomp.log . It can be graphic card issue, too, so update your driver please. BTW graphics card chipset please. service pack number ?

wxp: even stranger than on w2k, please report the same things to get a hint. SP2 ?

Thank you for doing so much testing, I hope we will resolve all issues.

Marten

MartenR

Hi,
I have found some bugs in the connected part of vomp. Don't report the messages, just report if it still crahes.

Marten

GTRDRIVER

GTRDRIVER

Hi again -

On my Laptop - see the other Posting.
On my Desktop - it crash. after last popup

MartenR

@GTRDRIVER
Was it crashed before on your laptop?
Does it crash on your laptop with 0.2.5-2 and do you have a picture with 0.2.5-2 ?
What graphics chipset?

The guess the crashes you reported before were always on your desktop?

@all
I have a new idea, it might be that not the finally selected filter crashes, but another filter, which is used during connect.
So I ask everyone with a crash to report the filter from graphedit that will be used by vompwin and the filter that would appear if you press the right button on the video pin at DVD Navigotor and select Render.

Marten

GTRDRIVER

Hi

No - on Laptop i only have "black Screens" - no crashes.

I have Tryed Cyberlink DVD 6 and Nero as discribed in the Forum.

CU

MartenR

@GTRDRIVER
Ok, for black screen issue, it is important for me to know your graphic card chipset and if the bugfix release 0.2.5-2 does also have this error, the black screen issue might be already fixed. (Btw the testing versions in this thread are only 0.2.5-1 based, because they address a different problem).

Marten