Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Client hang up as soon a VideoStream should be displayed

Started by GTRDRIVER, December 09, 2006, 12:47:40

Previous topic - Next topic

GTRDRIVER

Hi

Have installed the Client and Directx9 on my PC.
Also have installed  Cyberlink PowerDVD 6 (as shown in the Readme)

I can start the Client - select the VOM-Server - but as soon i want to watch a live-Channel or if i start to play a Recording the Software hangup.

Any Ideas ?

CU

kdeiss

Exactly same behaviour on my machine (xp home sp2), I already updated powerdvd to the newest version, and I checked the runtime files (c:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcr71.dll c:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll ).

Eventlog entry:

Anwendungspopup: vompclient.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Anweisung in "0x024bcf6c" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000000". Der Vorgang "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

Seems to be an uninitialised pointer? Can I do anything to figure out this error ?

Klaus

Chris

Does it sit there with a black screen or does it properly crash out?

kdeiss

If I switch to live tv, I'am able to see the epg info, (like in the mvp) but then it is crashing. (Modal popup msgbox with red exclamation sign: error in application, click ok to end or cancel to debug), after ok vompclient is closing immediatly.

I tried the hints Marten gave in his article about compatible filters - and indeed I have had installed an elecard mpeg2 filter. I deinstalled the app which brought this filter to my machine and now grapedit is showing what Marten expects: the cyberlink video sp decoder...

anyway the client does not run, but the exception changes now to:

Anwendungspopup: vompclient.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Ausnahme "unknown software exception" (0xc0000094) ist in der Anwendung an der Stelle 0x0223132a aufgetreten.

greetz

klaus

MartenR

Hi,
attached to this message  is a diagnosis version of the windows client. It please report the message boxes that would appear before the crash.

I'll remove it after kdeiss and GTRdriver have downloaded it.

Marten

kdeiss

Can't start special version:

Anwendungspopup: Vomp on Windows.exe - Fehler in Anwendung: Die Anweisung in "0x0043c612" verweist auf Speicher in "0x00000000". Der Vorgang
"written" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.

Klicken Sie auf "OK", um das Programm zu beenden.
Klicken Sie auf "Abbrechen", um das Programm zu debuggen.

directly - without any screen .....

klaus

MartenR

strange...
A second attempt, now from the same build as the release.

kdeiss

yes, this works
the last msgbox i can see is

fg2

than crash

klaus

MartenR

Ok, now we know that it crashes during  rendering the video pin of vomp to VMR9.
Btw did you do the test with graphedit, like decribed in the wiki article linked at the forum topic "How...", this would give me a big hint.
Attached is a versiobn which additional monitors the filter connection, maybe this give us a hint. Here I need unfortunetely all MessageBox texts in chronological order and it would be perfect if you do it twice in order to know, if it is a deterministic error.

Marten

kdeiss

hi,

took some time, saturday evening.....

sourcefilter added
next enter
connect enter
next enter
next leave sucessfull
connect leave 5
audio rendered
added vmr 9
vmr 9 config
vmr 9 complete
fg2
next enter
connect enter
next enter
next leave sucessfull
next enter
connect leave 3
connect enter
next enter
next leave sucessfull
next enter
connect leave 3
connect enter
next enter

bumm!

Perhaps you could write the output to a log-file, would be easier to handle.
Yes I already checked my system with filtergraph, I've installed the cyberlink filter.

klaus

MartenR

Ok, now I know in which function is crashes. It is somewhere inside connect.
Attached is a new version with even more MessageBoxes, I need to know now all message since the last connect enter before crash.

I think after this version I'll hopefully be able to fix it.
Thank you for help in bug fixing.

Marten

kdeiss

Hi Marten,

so early up in the morning .....
The second time I tried this version I had a blue screen with fatal error in awvid5.dll. But maybe its corrupted during out tests.....

sourcefilter added
next enter
next leave sucessf...
connect enter
connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessf...
got mtype
got meminput
connect leave 5
audio rendered
added vmr 9
vmr 9 config
vmr 9 complete
fg2
next enter
next leave unsucessf...
connect enter
connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessf...
next enter
next leave unsucessf...
connect leave 3
connect enter
connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessf...
next enter
next leave unsucessf...
connect leave 3
connect enter
connect without mtype
next enter
next leave sucessf...

bumm

Marten, today I'am very busy, but if it helps you: I could give you access to this machine here with pcanywhere. If you don't have this software you can download it from my homepage. Please call me: 49(202)751578

klaus

MartenR

@kdeiss
Well, I'm busy todays afternoon, too (christmas visits at relatives). So thanks for your offer, but direct access won't help, since I'm working on several bug reports simulaneously.

Well, I'll look at your protocoll and decide, if it is already enough for finding the bug.

MartenR

So I have found a bug in this part, so it might work now. Attached is version, which contains this bug fixes, so please execute it (press all ok buttoons) and if it works very thing is fine, if it don't work, please report the last stage message, e.g:
if it says
stage1
stage 2
stage 1
stage 3

bumm

report only
stage 1
stage 3
this would be enough.

Marten

GTRDRIVER

Hi Marten

Also with this Version the Client crash.

CU