Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

VOMP for Windows - First impressions

Started by carsten, December 08, 2006, 10:48:55

Previous topic - Next topic

carsten

Hi,

first of all: that's a real nice piece of software. Up to now I used VdrMediaClient in version 0.0.0.7beta, which in fact does
what I expected.

There is a difference, though, that I would like to report. I guess it is related to the MPEG2 decoder. Colors look much better
and there are now such artefacts such as combs on high contrast edges. I am not a real expert on VdrMediaClient, but I know
that I can switch Decoders somehow. I also don't not know, how XP decides which one to use when there are more than one.

Marten, do you know how to influence that, or maybe check, what different decoders are used?

BR,
Carsten.

MartenR

Well, I don't know the VDRMediaClient. But if VOMP looks a little bit unsharp and the colors are not so bright compared to VDRMediaClient. This would be because vomp uses the VideoMixingRenderer9 for rendering (I guess VDRMediaClient the standard renderer), which allows vomp to compose video and osd and have also some possiblities to adjust video and uses graphics card acceleration, and the output is every time bilinear filtered. Following the docs it should have improved image qualities, but during the development as I switched to VMR, I was not impressed, but for an alpha blended osd there is no easy other way. Maybe I'll look into the docs tomorrow, if there is a chance to improve it.

Marten