Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Missing the last few seconds ...

Started by vdr700, August 20, 2006, 14:42:18

Previous topic - Next topic

vdr700

Hi all.

I use VOMP now for a long time and I'm really happy with it. But with own content (converted SVHS videos) I have detected that during playback with VOMP the last few seconds are dropped. In my case these seconds are of interest (kids and so). Is this effect known? With knowing it you can recognize it with every video. When I playback these videos on VDR itself the video is played out completely.

Regards Helmut

MarkC

Hi,

Yes, we know about this. It happens because VOMP buffers a few seconds of video on the MVP, but ends the playback as soon as VDR stops sending data, so the last few seconds are 'trapped' in the buffer and never get displayed.

We've really just ignored it so far because it usually doesn't matter for TV recordings. I'm sure it will be fixed at some point, but how soon depends on how complicated it is. It seems like it should be simple but it might make a mess of the threading code. We'll see what Chris thinks...

Mark

Chris

Nobody has ever found a way of asking the MVP hardware when it has run out of video to play - so up to now it has been impossible to end video playback and go back to the menus at the right time. However, with all our new demuxer timing intelligence maybe it will be possible to delay for an approximately correct amount of time. Next time I am working on vomp I will investigate this.

StephenR

Hi Chris,

I have worked out a way to test for the end of playback. I would love to help with the development too but
a) Am massively short on time and don't want to disapoint by not doing things in a reasonable time frame.
b) Have not even started to look at the source.

I was part of the original 'set' of people from SHS's forum who worked out how much of the MVP worked, however, so do have a good grasp of that side of things.

Stephen

Chris

Hello... Nice to have someone here who knows what they're talking about when it comes to the MVP! Are you the guy who wrote the first demuxer for mvpmc?

Is your possible method hardware based or demuxer software based?

StephenR

Hi Chris,

Just checking that you got the email I sent yesterday.

Stephen

Chris

Yes, I got it thanks. I'm just very busy at the moment, I will respond fully to it soon!

StephenR

No problem at all. I know what your mean! :)

Just checking in case it had got caught in a spam filter.

By the way. I love the vomp environment. The ability to build under windows and then debug through VS is Fantatic! I love it.
I am sure the answer is no but: Are their any outline tech docs about the structure of the code or the interfaces with VDR?

Stephen

muellerph

I did a similar question some months ago, so just check following answer http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=120.0.

Not much but it helped me a lot.

StephenR

hi muellerph,

Thanks very much for the link.

Stephen

vdr700

Hi All,

thanks a lot for thinking on a solution. I - and maybe other's - will greatly appreaciate it.

Helmut

Chris

Stephen, did you get my email? (Of a few weeks ago.)