MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Windows Client For VOMP

Started by Chris, June 14, 2006, 00:21:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Damn, I had forgotten about the I18n module. Hmmm.

MartenR

But, I think we can easily replace the i18n module. It would not be so hard to do this. The question is have we to change the interface or just to reimplement the class?

Other parts I'm suspicious about not being developed by the vomp team:
* Fonts (but they seems not to be GPLed but under a more liberal license, so we could use them?)
* Pictures - VDR logo and the wallpaper seems to be not from the vomp team, but I'm unsure if they are GPL'ed
* Jpeg lib (but this is not included in the windows version, windows function are used instead)
* stb.h (but also not used at the windows version)(other stuff from mvpmc, that went into vomp, (demuxer?))

Marten

Chris

I have a similar list here. I also have some ideas for how to re-implement I18n amongst other things. Even if the JPEG lib were to be used it isn't a problem, it's a very liberal licence. Where is the licence for the fonts? The demuxer is completely re-written by Mark, so that is ok. There should be very little of mvpmc code left but stb.h might need some looking at. Well, it definitely needs some looking at - it's messy the way it is used at the moment. I did ask Jon Gettler once about the information gained from the mvpmc project and his view on it was that structure and ioctl information (rather than using chunks of code) were not a problem to copy and use.

MartenR

Where is the licence for the fonts?
It is in the cvs /client/fonts/license.txt . There are several licenses in it, but it is not clear to which helvetica belongs, but most of them are also very liberal. And for the pictures /client/other/license.txt.
but stb.h might need some looking at.
Not really, the windows code don't include it. I have run a windows build and placed a #error inside "stb.h" and the compiler did not complain, thus it is not necessary to be non GPL for the windows version.

Marten

MartenR

I have managed to remove the streambase.lib, the only static bind library that remians is strmiids.lib, but there are only guids of the objects included, thus it is something like a com import library. All other MS libs are only dynamical linked.
I suggest we have not a GPL problems. Am I right?

Marten