Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

FeatureRequest: marks

Started by macfly, December 30, 2005, 12:36:48

Previous topic - Next topic

macfly

Hi,

i'm using vomp since 0.0.13 and find is VERY usefull!

some Features would be nice to have:
- Display marks in replay with jump forward, backward
- having more than one directory in recordings (like Series~SciFi~Star Treck~)
- mp3-playback.

i just finished installing the development environment for vomp and looking around - as soon as i understand whats going on, i'll contribute.

regards and keep on the good work,
macfly.

Chris

Good to hear you are interested in the code, how did setting up the dev env go?

By displaying marks for things, do you mean fancy little osd things for when you press buttons? If so then yes, I will get around to this soon. Recent low level gui changes have made doing that kind of thing much easier, it will all come when I do osd display for position in recording, etc.

Having more than one dir level is VDR dependant. Does the latest VDR 1.3 do this?

As for mp3 playback, well I have spoken about that before. Low priority, would rather get the set top box functionality working first, how to transfer mp3s to the MVP without loading down the kernel full of FS and networking drivers, etc etc yadda yadda :)

macfly

Hi Chris,

finally i found some time to get into the code.
i managed to extend the server plugin and the client to exchange marks for a recording.

(what are marks?: Marks a set manually or ideally with noad automatically indicating a starting and ending advertisement. In VDR, you can skip to next mark with 9 while playback. So, if you are watching recordings and an advertisement is starting, simply hit 9 to skip to the end of this ad.)

Now i have some problems understanding the code:
- i do not know, where to store the marks (that are a vecor of mark, a simple class representing an integer). The marks need to be accessable from inside a recording, so a skipToNextMark(int mark) (simmilar to skipForward()). I simply do not get the point from recordinglist to a player-object. Could you please show me the way?

regards and keep up the work!

macfly

Hi Chris,

i just managed to get this cutting marks stuff running. Attached you find two patches:
vompserver_marks.patch (apply to cvs version of server) enables the serverpart to:

• export marks for a given recording

mvp_client_marks.patch (apply to cvs version of client) enables the client to:

• load marks from server on playback or on resume
  • draw the marks to the progress bar
  • jump to next mark (Green)
  • jump to prev mark (Red)

so, if you have http://www.freepgs.com/noad/ running over your recordings, you get automagically cutting marks starting at every advertising and ending at every advertising-end.

If you find the time to look over the code, i'd like to hear your feedback.

macfly

hm... 6 downloads and still no feedback?

to all downloaders of this patch: does the patch work for you? is it working as expected or does it simply suck? Feedback is welcome!

genius

Hey mcFly ...

I didn't use your patch because I downgraded to 0.2.2 - the 0.2.2 is rock stable for me when switching to channels which are not availabel in the Moment - The 0.2.3 crashes and I have to plug the power.

Genius

P.S. I can't await to try your Patch

torsten

Hello macfly,

your patch works great, but I had to patch it. In the case, that there are no marks for your recording, the plugin sends now a mark at the beginning of the recording (a zero). Without my patch the client, not the box,  freezes.

Yours

Torsten

macfly

hi Torsten,

thanks for feedback. I did not notice this behaviour.