Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

recordings progress bar

Started by Schnurps, April 19, 2006, 21:59:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnurps

Hi!

I found a bug with the new recordings progress bar:
If I fast-forward a recording, the seconds doesn't count faster, and if i stop fast-forwarding, it jumps to the new time. It would be nice to count in "real-time" quicker...

And what's with recordings that are still recording? The Total-Time/Progress should change while the recording, but it seems (have not completely tested it), that it doesn't update these numbers.

Schnurps

Chris

Hi.. the first thing about the numbers not going fast enough during fast forwarding is (as far as I can work out) the MVP's fault. The current position number comes directly from the video decoder hardware and as you have correctly spotted, it updates in 1s per 1s time while the video goes faster.

As for updating the length of a currently recording stream - this is done once per minute so it is unlikely you will see it happen. If you do happen to have the OSD displayed when it happens, you should see it. This update once per minute system will change at some point though because it limits how close you can get to the front of a running recording. (So as with a lot of things in vomp, it is temporary and will be replaced one day :) )

There are a lot of things wrong with the OSD for recordings. It will improve in the next couple of versions.