MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Timers problem

Started by radiofreak, March 12, 2006, 11:55:19

Previous topic - Next topic

radiofreak

I have just installed VOMP client and dongle 0.2.1. I am using VDR 1.3.20 and I am still using mvploader as BOOTP and TFTP server.
When trying to set a timer from the EPG I always get the message "Failure setting timer" on TV. Looking to the log file on the VDR server I've found the following entries "Config - Config error: Section Timers not found" and after that "Client - Written config load failed packet".
As I have used the sample config files vomp.conf and vomp-MAC.conf like described on the homepage, I don't know what to do else to get the timers function.

davep

vdr 1.3.20 is a little old, the current development version is 1.3.44.

The changes to VOMP to allow it to work with vdr 1.3.x were made against 1.3.27, and there have been no compatibility issues since then. It is possible though that some change in vdr was made between 1.3.20 and 1.3.27 which is causing your problem.

Chris

I think this is because for VDR 1.2 the date in the timer has to be specified as DD. In 1.3 it is specified as DD-MM-YYYY. Actually it is VDR 1.3.23 where the change is made, so setting timers with vomp between 1.3.1 and 1.3.22 won't work. I can only really make sure that vomp works with the latest of the VDR development branch - it's too much of a moving target. Is there a reason you're sticking to VDR 1.3.20?

If you want to fix this for < VDR 1.3.23 you can edit the mvpclient.c file in the plugin. Go to the end of the file. In that last function processSetTimer() look for two places where it says "#if VDRVERSNUM < 10300" and change it to "#if VDRVERSNUM < 10323". I havn't tested this but it should work if the internal version numbers in VDR were kept up to date.

The config errors are fine, they will be looking for the start and end margins for timers. If they are left at the defaults they are not in the config file and as such the config fails to load them. Those are harmless.

radiofreak

Thank you. The suggested changes to the version number helped. At least the timer has been written to timers.conf.

VDR 1.3.20 worked fine for me, until now at least. Since you cannot make VOMP compatible to every VDR version, I will update to the latest version if there aren't any contrary reasons.