MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Connecting to Server VDR-1.3.40 and latest Vomp CVS

Started by Hoochster, January 23, 2006, 00:11:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoochster

Anyone else having issues?  Vomp compiles fine and all, but when I boot the MediaMVP it just hangs at connecting to server.  Something change on CVS that I am missing?  Or is it just me hehe!  Will keep troubleshooting prob something I changed and forgot but thought I would throw the question out there.

Thanks

Hoochster

Update - I copied over a CVS from back in December and it works fine, just current CVS that I am having an issue with.  Will see if I can find the difference.

Chris

Don't use the current CVS vompserver unless you can use the current CVS client. I have changed the way that the client discovers the server which would expain your problems.

Hoochster

Understood, so only way to use the CVS Client then would be to setup cross compiler and download the cvs and compile the bin then I take.  There is no pre-compiled CVS of the client I would assume?

Chris

No, the latest precompiled client is 0.1.1. I plan to keep that fairly up to date as usual, it's just unfortunate at the moment that it won't work with the current CVS vompserver.

Hoochster

Understood bud.  Was just a wonderin!  Appreciate the replies, will keep an eye out for updates.