MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompclient with tvscraper support

Started by MartenR, August 31, 2014, 16:21:43

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

QuoteI was meaning the debugging (logging) switch -d. I did only manage to get the log once, after that every run seems to work, but without the -d switch it always gets jammed with a black screen, without loading the start menu.
Then do not do the test, this sounds like I can reproduce it this way.

Marten

JTe

Ok. If you cannot reproduce it, let me know.

-JTe

MartenR

MartenR

Now everything should be ready, except some bugs. Also the windows client is updated:
http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=760.0

Marten

sirwio

The latest commit r3f2e06e168db1d2580cef98385674f75084c64a0 breaks the raspberry pi builds.
signal.o needs to be listed in objects.mk

I also get a segfault when jumping or fast fwd while watching recordings. 100% reproducible and crashed immediately after pressing e.g. 1-9 or pressing forward/rewind. Crashed on both SD, 1080i and 720p recordings.

Attaching log when a crash occurs.

- Magnus

MartenR

Makefile is fixed now.
Does the crash only occur with subtitles turned on?

Marten

MartenR

I can not reproduce it. (Did you make a clean before building, sometimes the dependency algorithm does not work well enough to rebuild everything, that needs to be rebuild?).
Can you please create a core file with setting "ulimit -c unlimited" and after the crash executing "gdb -tui vompclient core" and tell me, where it crashed inside the code?

Marten

sirwio

Yes I did make clean before the build was done. It was compiled as release. I have now recompiled as with debug and the crash is still there.

As per the question if there are subtitles? Yes the recording has Swedish subtitles. As far as I know the subtitles are part of the stream and cannot be disabled. I hardly ever use any other fronted than vompclient to vdr so I'm pretty unfamiliar with any possibility to turn off subtitles.

root@raspberrypi:~/vomp-tvscraper# gdb ./vompclient core
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "arm-linux-gnueabihf".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /root/vomp-tvscraper/vompclient...done.
[New LWP 11659]
[New LWP 11667]
[New LWP 11646]
[New LWP 11670]
[New LWP 11640]
[New LWP 11644]
[New LWP 11669]
[New LWP 11671]
[New LWP 11639]
[New LWP 11642]
[New LWP 11643]
[New LWP 11645]
[New LWP 11655]
[New LWP 11668]
[New LWP 11647]
[New LWP 11638]
[New LWP 11637]
[New LWP 11650]
[New LWP 11649]
[New LWP 11636]
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libthread_db.so.1".
Core was generated by `/root/vomp-tvscraper/vompclient'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0  0xb6fab3c4 in unwind_stop () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
(gdb) bt
#0  0xb6fab3c4 in unwind_stop () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
#1  0xb6049918 in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1
#2  0xb604a64c in _Unwind_ForcedUnwind () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc_s.so.1
#3  0xb6fadb88 in _Unwind_ForcedUnwind () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
#4  0xb6fab424 in __pthread_unwind () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
#5  0xb6fa50b0 in pthread_exit () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
#6  0x000cd9b4 in ThreadP::threadCheckExit (this=0x2007e8) at threadp.cc:70
#7  0x000b523c in DVBSubtitles::threadMethod (this=0x2007e8) at dvbsubtitles.cc:962
#8  0x00016a70 in Thread::threadInternalStart2 (this=0x2007e8) at thread.cc:35
#9  0x000cd800 in threadPInternalStart (arg=0x2007e8) at threadp.cc:32
#10 0xb6fa3e90 in start_thread () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libpthread.so.0
#11 0xb5fbc4e8 in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6
#12 0xb5fbc4e8 in ?? () from /lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc.so.6
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)

MartenR

QuoteAs per the question if there are subtitles? Yes the recording has Swedish subtitles. As far as I know the subtitles are part of the stream and cannot be disabled. I hardly ever use any other fronted than vompclient to vdr so I'm pretty unfamiliar with any possibility to turn off subtitles.
Well, you can hit the green button and select no subtitles, then the subtitle content is ignored by vomp. Or are your subtitles part of the video stream?
Anyway your debug trace shows clearly, that the crash happens inside the subtitle decoder. I expect something with now using the default vdr setting for subtitles, which turns your subtitles on.
(Does the crash occur at every skip? Or how often do I have to try?).
The gdb stuff did not help, since it looks like a currupted stack.
I tried to reproduce it, but I failed. Can you please prepare do the following:
1) Tell me your default setting for languages and subtitles on vdr side?
2) Report the selected tracks, if you hit the green button.
3) Deapply patch from http://git.vomp.tv/gitweb/?p=vompclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=de6fbe2d494aac80e0be1051f06ad72ad6718473 and http://git.vomp.tv/gitweb/?p=vompclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=89d00b9f8d3e3b5a3deeb87b6f6aafd6ec11c7ca, this way we see if it has something to do with the get subtitle settings from vdr patch.
4) Go back to the normal code (without modifications form 3)) and uncomment the line logger->log("VDR", Log::DEBUG, "Langpref %s %d %d", newpref.langcode.c_str(),  newpref.audiopref,  newpref.subtitlepref); in vdr.cc and give me the corresponding log. This way I can see your subtitle settings. (only if 3) does not show a crash)
5) Prepare a short recording for me, which shows the desired crash, so that I can analyze it.

Marten

sirwio

Subtitles are embedded in the stream i.e. burned into the stream. The subtitles are NOT according to ETSI EN 300 743!

I have turned off all audio and language preferences in vdd's setup.conf but the segfault still occurs.
Reverted commit de6fbe2d494aac80e0be1051f06ad72ad6718473 without improving the issue.
Commit 89d00b9f8d3e3b5a3deeb87b6f6aafd6ec11c7ca does not revert cleanly so I did not try that out. Tried the commits around the commit 89d00b9f but they did not compile cleanly :-(

I have uploaded a short recording, around 50MB, to google drive that gives the segfault for me.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4LQIJR9gOUmUzFrWGRpQ3pNMDQ/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: MartenR on December 24, 2014, 06:51:43
QuoteAs per the question if there are subtitles? Yes the recording has Swedish subtitles. As far as I know the subtitles are part of the stream and cannot be disabled. I hardly ever use any other fronted than vompclient to vdr so I'm pretty unfamiliar with any possibility to turn off subtitles.
Well, you can hit the green button and select no subtitles, then the subtitle content is ignored by vomp. Or are your subtitles part of the video stream?
Anyway your debug trace shows clearly, that the crash happens inside the subtitle decoder. I expect something with now using the default vdr setting for subtitles, which turns your subtitles on.
(Does the crash occur at every skip? Or how often do I have to try?).
The gdb stuff did not help, since it looks like a currupted stack.
I tried to reproduce it, but I failed. Can you please prepare do the following:
1) Tell me your default setting for languages and subtitles on vdr side?
2) Report the selected tracks, if you hit the green button.
3) Deapply patch from http://git.vomp.tv/gitweb/?p=vompclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=de6fbe2d494aac80e0be1051f06ad72ad6718473 and http://git.vomp.tv/gitweb/?p=vompclient.git;a=commitdiff;h=89d00b9f8d3e3b5a3deeb87b6f6aafd6ec11c7ca, this way we see if it has something to do with the get subtitle settings from vdr patch.
4) Go back to the normal code (without modifications form 3)) and uncomment the line logger->log("VDR", Log::DEBUG, "Langpref %s %d %d", newpref.langcode.c_str(),  newpref.audiopref,  newpref.subtitlepref); in vdr.cc and give me the corresponding log. This way I can see your subtitle settings. (only if 3) does not show a crash)
5) Prepare a short recording for me, which shows the desired crash, so that I can analyze it.

Marten

MartenR

Thanks, I got the file, but it still  does not crash.
So we have to dig deeper, which os are use using?
Raspbian? For raspbian please do an apt-get dist-upgrade, there was a major change regarding the audio and libavcodec, which only comes with dist-upgrade.

If this does not help, can you please find out, which commit breaks it? (Best thing would be a binary search algorithm).

Marten

sirwio

Reverting back to all stable packages fixed the crash. I had tested the rpihddevice with vdr on the rpi a while ago and was getting the 2.x vdr packages from jessie. Once I reverted back to all rasbian squeeze stable all works fine.

Sorry for the poor testing from my part :-( - I should know better...

Will put it under more stress during the rest of the holidays. But it is looking fine so far.