Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Vompclient with tvscraper support

Started by MartenR, August 31, 2014, 16:21:43

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

Hi,
for all which are interested. I am currently working on adding tvscraper support and an enhanced ui experience to vomp.
For all who are interested in an early test, the stuff is in git for client and server under the branch scraper_support.

So far recording are ready.

Currently, only raspberry pi is targeted, later I will also rewrite the windows osd handling to also support it.

Marten

JTe

That is nice! I have noticed that the subtitles section should be also checked. There seems to be a memory leak or something like that as after about 30 minutes to one hour of having the subtitles on they disappear and also the normal menus get corrupted. I could try to dig in that when I have some extra time...

-JTe

MartenR

@JTE:
Is it a new bug or an old bug?

Marten

MartenR

@JTE:
Found the reason, I forgot to free subtitles image data.
Will be fixed soon in the tvscraper development thread, I can not commit now since I have made some other changes, which are not ready for commit now.

Marten

JTe

That was fast! Thanks!

At some time in the future it should also be committed on the regular vompclient thread as it looks like it is also effecting old mvp clients.

-JTe

MartenR

Well, it will be first commit to the development part for tvscraper support.
The problem was only in the raspberry pi part, so it can not affect the mvp.
The tvscraper will come in the end to the main  development branch, but then certain features will not be available on the mvp. (reasons are small memory, slow jpeg decoding and low resolution).

Marten

JTe

Ok, then there might be another memory leak on the mvp side. I have to check when and how the error happens over there.

By the way would it be possible to take the default subtitle state (language / subtitles off) from the vdr server side and use that default state on the vomp client too? That would make the client more user friendly...

-JTe

JTe

I tested the vomp side and no problem after 24 hours of running subtitles on, so there is no memory leak on the vomp side!

-JTe

MartenR

@jte Did you test the tvscraper branch? How do you like the new design, which I added last week end ? Next some additional icons will follow.

Btw. channel logos and also scraping should also work for the older tvscraper http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-tvscraper/wiki without the need of an external epg source instead of http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/plg-scraper2vdr/wiki (which can be a problem for non german tv) .

Marten

MartenR

QuoteBy the way would it be possible to take the default subtitle state (language / subtitles off) from the vdr server side and use that default state on the vomp client too? That would make the client more user friendly...
Now in tvscraper branch....

JTe

Thanks, that is great.

I will now build up the newest version and check how it works!

How is it about the sound, is it also selected by the preferences of the vdr side (that would be handy for multilingual channels like Arte or Euronews). If I remember correctly current situation is that the vomp selects a first sound channel (which is for example different with German and French Arte).

MartenR

Subtitle and audio are both selected according to the vdr preferences.
I have here not much channels to test this, if something stranges happens, please write down the contents of the audioselector menu item.

Marten

JTe

Ok, I will let you know how it is working.

JTe

Ok, I tried to compile the newest git version of scraper_support client and got this:

make: *** No rule to make target 'vrecordinglistclassic.o', needed by 'vompclient'.  Stop.

Can I just remove all references to vrecordinglistclassic.o to complie the client?
Nope that did not work... also vrecordinglistadvanced was missing and removing that did not either work.

MartenR

Sorry, I forget to add a couple of files. Should now be in git.....

Marten