MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Patch for latest protocoll change

Started by MartenR, October 27, 2012, 19:09:17

Previous topic - Next topic

MartenR

In order to be able to support more audio formats, I had to change the server side protocoll (changes are backward compatible to clients build using the old protocoll).
Apply the patch on the server side, in order to use vompclient for raspberry pi.

Marten

KarZan

I tried this patch but could not compile after patching. Propably my version was wrong :) Is this patch in git?

MartenR

iampivot

I'm just trying out vomp on rpi, and applied this patch to the vdr-plugin-vompserver on my stock yavdr 5.0 installation. Before the patch I got

Protocoll mismatch s: 0 c: 200

now I get

Protocoll mismatch s: 100 c: 200

Is there a new patch somewhere that i need to apply to the server plugin?

MartenR

vompclient-raspi is now already on 0-4-0rc branch of the server, so you need to have the server on this git branch in order that they match.

Marten

iampivot

Ah right, didn't spot there was a more recent branch than master.

laz

The makefile I checked out from git yesterday tries to build the MVP client instead of the raspberry pi client by default. Lots of build errors until I spotted that one! I assume this happened during the merge.

N.B., the default branch for vompserver is not yet 0.4.0rc so you need to tell git to grab the correct vompserver version if you upgrade vompclient.

JTe

I just built the new server from 0-4-0rc and the latest Raspi vomp client and found out that the dvb subtitles stop working after about 10 to 15 minutes. Has anybody else found the same problem, or do I have something wrong with my build environment?

I did not have time to debug more, but it could be a memory leak, or a flag that is not turned off/on correctly?  I had to restart the whole client and then I will get the subtitles back again (for the next 10 to 15  minutes).

MartenR

We had to fix your patch since it was causing troubles on the mvp. (Clearing of the osd too often, and timer faulty due to global variable and not initialised clock at startup)
May be this introduced a new bug. (I only tested it for 1 minute), please feel free to find new bug. Probably a flag is not reset correctly.

Marten

JTe