Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Font Size

Started by hondansx, November 07, 2012, 19:04:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hondansx

Hi,

how can I increase the font size, because it is very small on 1920x1080.
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

glotzi

Yes, plz. The font size is too small.

davep

I had the same problem a while ago, the existing font is too small to read on a TV 3m away.

I'm away from my Pi at the moment, but I recall replacing the font sourcesans.ttf with a larger version. I also found the font difficult to read at a distance so I used the GNU Free Sans Bold font instead. I had some difficulty as the most recent version of the font on the GNU website didn't display correctly, so I've attached the one which worked.

I didn't change the Makefile, just overwrote the sourcesans.ttf file with the new one.

Having changed the font size, I found the line spacing on the OSD needed to be changed. In file osdopenvg.cc line 498 I changed the number 64 to (I think) 84.

MartenR

In osdopenvg, you can just change the
float font_size=16.f;
but it is very likely the arrangement of the elements of UI is then not optimal.
Just a note "GNU Free Sans Bold " is not compatible with the GPL v2 of vomp, i .e. it would force vomp to also bump to version 3.
This is the main reason for the chosen font.

Marten

P.S: On my tv the font was big enough, it is also the same size then the old font, but not bold.

davep

Apologies I missed out the most important step, actually changing the font size  :'(  Also I didn't spot the incompatible license.

hondansx

Quote from: MartenR on November 08, 2012, 06:44:27
In osdopenvg, you can just change the
float font_size=16.f;
but it is very likely the arrangement of the elements of UI is then not optimal.

Ok that helped me a lot with higher font size, but now I have to adjust the window for the epg title entry in live tv mode. Where can I change this?
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3