MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

SOLVED: Client crash with SD-channel

Started by JTe, October 02, 2012, 18:27:07

Previous topic - Next topic

JTe

I have a problem with sd-channels received with my pci-base DVB-T turner. The picture is moving in slow motion and the sound is robotic. I ran the client with debug on and I got a lot of errors in style:

[mp3 @ 0x1d195e0] incomplete frame
[mp3 @ 0x1d195e0] incorrect frame size

After a while the client will crash with segfault:

Segmentation faultepeated 5 times

The SD channels received using Hauppauge Nova-TD Stick or DVB-S/S2 cards work fine, but the channel received with a Philips TDA10046H DVB-T type adapter do not work. There is no problem when using the MVP-client.

The log file is attached.

MartenR

Well, this is not enough information for me.
Propabably it is a problem with the audio handling and some problems in the TS stream.
(incorrect frame size is normal)
Can you please check if you have also the same problem with recordings?
If yes, then please make a short recording and give it to me...

Marten

JTe

Marten,

I have downloaded a short recording file on the:

http://wikisend.com/download/499160/00001.ts

It will be available for the next 7 days.

I recorded the problem channel and the recording has same problem as the live channel with robotic sound and slow motion. With the MVP-box (and when playing on the VDR server) it works fine!

MartenR

Thanks got.
Debugging is now on my todo list.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

I have the same. If I use a dvb-t reciver, my client also crashes (first attached logfile) or only disable the HDMI output (second logfile).
If I get the TV stream from a dvb-s card (from a other PC) I have no problems. Only if the TV stream comes from my dvb-t Stick, the TV output will be disabled. if I switch the channel, I see for a view seconds the channel information, and than again the "no signal" info of my TV.

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

clausmuus

Hi,

my last post was not completely correct. I have also this problems, if I get the SD or HD TV stream from my dvb-s PC. With an older version of the vomp-client I had not this problems (only tested with dvb-s).

Claus

MartenR

I just commit a small bug fix, at least the seg fault should be gone now, I have tested it with JTe's test file.

I do not know about the robotic sound and the slow motion.
I did not recognize this after the fix, it was more or less equal to the playback with vlc.
At least for me, since the test clip is a cartoon with a robot.

If the problem persist, please I request again a short sample
(please at least 50 MB, if possible  german and english audio prefered).

Marten 

JTe

After very brief tests everything seems to work fine now! Thanks!

clausmuus

Hi,

I found the reason of my problems. It's the TV. previews I tested with my monitor. Now I test with my Samsung TV. But the TV has a problem with the automatically selected hdmi mode. Since I selected the hdmi_mode 20, I can also watch TV.

Claus

clausmuus

Hi,

now I have with DVB-T (the vdr runs on the RPI) the problem, that on some channels (e.g. zdf, ndr) the video stops every second for half a second and than it jumps to the next frame. The sound is well.
On DVB-S streams from an other PC the video is great, but I have no sound.
I use the latest git version.
Can I give you further informations, so that you can search for the reason?

Claus

MartenR

You can try, if it can be reproduced with a recording, then 50 MB of these recordings will help debugging the problem.
If the recordings is fine, it sounds like performance problems on the network interface or other parts of the data flow.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

I have check it. If I start a playback, everything is fine. But why I have no audio if I playback the recording from the sat PC and if I copy the recording to the RPI, and make the playback from the local vdr, the sound is OK. Du you have any idea? With an older version of the vompclient I had not this problem.

Claus

MartenR

Did you apply changes to the TCP window size, this could be a reason... (Maybe now only the local vdr transfer is ok

But actually I have no idea, why you have no sound from the remote computer. (Do you use the vomp protocoll with the remote computer?)
(Do you see the errors from the avcodec incorrect frame size ? This would indicate that decoding is working...)

One thing, which was changed recently, was a switch to UTF8(OpenVG update),
which may cause troubles with remote server, but I do not understand why only audio is affected... Did you try the audio selector may be not all audio channels have problems.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

thank you for the ideas. Especially the audio channel selection sounds good. I will try it if I have access to the TV again (now my wife is watching TV).

Another question. How can I start a recording with the vompclient front-end or add a timer?

Claus

clausmuus

Hi,

the reason for the audio problem was, that the vompclient configuration on the dvb-s PC was wrong. It was set to analog output on that PC.
Now it works without problems if I stream the TV a second PC. Now I will see, why the local VDR makes problems on some channels.

Claus