Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

support for local server

Started by clausmuus, September 10, 2012, 17:09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

clausmuus

Hi,

I have found on http://code.google.com/p/mediastuff/wiki/VompVdrProtocol a description for a modification that make it possible to detect a vomp server automatically, also if it is running on the same machine as the client.
Did you think, that it is possible to add this modification to the vomp client? The reason is, that I run the vomp server also on the RPI.

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

MartenR

No it is not possible to add this modification to the vomp client, because it is a modification on the server side. (I am only working on the client code in the moment)
@Chris, what do you think about this?

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,
since I made some tests with a local running VDR, I must see, that this don't work. I start the vompclient with the option "-s 127.0.0.1". This helps to connect the vompclient to the local VDR, but if I select a TV channel (I can see the channellist and EPG data), the connection lost and the vompclient hang and do no reconnect.
Do you have any idea how I or you can fix this issue.

Claus

Uwe

Quote... the vompclient hang and do no reconnect.
Which vdr version you're using? There are problems with vdr-1.7.30, vdr-7.1.29 works....
It is possibly the same problem here --> http://forum.loggytronic.com/index.php?topic=637.msg3561#msg3561

clausmuus

No, I use the vdr-1.7.29 and not the VDR crashes, but the vompclient loose the connection.
You can find here a logfile: http://www.minidvblinux.de/download/vompclient.log.lost
I have selected a channel at 9:40:09
The connection lost at 9:40:30

I have no problem if the vompclient is connected to the same vdr version on a other machine.

Claus

Uwe

Hi,
I can confirm Claus be problem. It is the message: Connection lost.
btw. Quite enjoy with mld.  8) My setup is dlink-usb hub, Typhoon DVB-T USB2.0 (WT-200U).

clausmuus

I have try to find a solution for this by my self, but without a result. OK, I find a way, to make it possible to find also a local server automatically, by simply use different ports for the client and the server, but this don't helps by the connection lost problem on select a channel.
Do you have any idea what can be the reason for this and how I can fix it? This is at the moment my most important problem.

Claus

MartenR

I am not sure, it can still be an endian problem....
So you should check if it is a only problem of having the server on a raspberry pi, regardless of the client.

Marten

clausmuus

That's a problem. Since I have only one RPI, I can only test again the same Distry Version (this includes the same VDR and vompserver sources) on a x86, and alternatively the server on the same RPI as the client is running on.
If the server is running on second System (an x86'er) it works well. If the server is running on the same RPI, I get the connection lost error.

Claus

clausmuus

I have two ideas.
1) Maybe different library versions are the reason. On the x86'er, I use Ubuntu as compile system. For the RPI, raspian is the compile system.
2) I can use raspian in a qemu VM to check if it's running if the server run on a other raspian system. So both will use the same library versions.

Claus

MartenR

I do not believe in library problem, since the network protocol does not use much external libraries.
But different processor architecture might have an impact! (You might use the windows client for testing)
All you can do for diagnosis is to put log messages to the protocol part of the vompserver and client in order to figure out, which command of vomp is failing and causing a connection abort. It is probably something that is interpreted on the cpu of the raspberry in a different way then x86. (Please look at the arm patches around in the forum, may be not all are in git yet).

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,
is it possible to connect with wget, curl or telnet to the vompserver and send a command to activate a video stream? If yes, how? This will make the debugging much easier.

Claus

MartenR

No, not practically, it is a binary protocoll.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

now I have a response from a other user, who has test the Windows client against the vompserver that is running on the RPI, see the last post at http://www.minidvblinux.de/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=25&t=4868&p=33122&st=240 . This is running without problems.
So both, my vompserver and my vompclient working well at the RPI. The only problem is, that they can not both at the same machine.

Claus

MartenR

Well, anyway you have to find out what causes the connection lost, there are various reasons....

Also I do not know if the raspberry has enough power to have both vdr and vomp on it.

Marten