Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Crashes with the latest version

Started by clausmuus, September 11, 2012, 09:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

clausmuus

Hi,

with the latest version of the vompclient (version 76aef7237b9a2f465e4d3d7ef4250eb7a087866c), the vompclient and than also the RPI crash short time after starting TV replay. If I select a SD-TV channel, the system crash after a view second and the vomp client shows the message "Connection lost". On HD channels only the keyboard connection lost after a view seconds. In both cases the keyboard LED flashes up before the system crash and I see some short video interrupts.
With a older Version of the vompclient I have not had this problems (no crashes). Yesterday I have also added my mpeg2 license key.

Do you have any ideas?

Claus
MLD - A Distribution also for the Raspberry PI

davep

I've just tested my installation and I have no problem viewing live SD TV or recordings (I don't have an HD card). I'm running the latest vompclient on an up-to-date Raspbian distribution (with MPEG2 enabled), and vdr 1.7.29 on the server.

clausmuus

MartenR

@claus
A log file would help. (vompclient -d >debug.log).

One idea I looked into your distribution and did not find libcec .
May be I did not look close enough, did you include it?
I added libcec support on the weekend, maybe your old version did use a version before this change.
(Initialising of some libs is now handled by libcec (otherwise they are initiallized twice causing crashes), if it is not there or if it does not has raspberry pi support crashes are very likely.)

Also, please always test with the latest firmware (I am working on raspbian, I am always adapting to their current firmware)

Btw. somechange I made are causing a higher cpu load on the new commits, I have to think about a way to reduce this. Maybe this interferes with your local vdr server.

Marten

davep

Quote from: clausmuus on September 11, 2012, 12:20:54
Hi davep,

is it possible for you, to test this image http://www.minidvblinux.de/download.php?file=3.0.1-rpi//MLD-3.0.1-rpi_vomp-client-2012.09.10_48.tgz again your vdr server?

Claus

Sorry I don't have any spare SD cards at the moment to test your image.

clausmuus

Hi Marten,

the libcec should be located at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/. I remember that the vompclient don't start without this lib (as I don't add it first).
I also use the latest server and latest client version from git (get last night at midnight). The firmware is from 2012.09.09

I will prepare the log file today evening.

Do you know the reason for the keyboard LED flashing?

Claus

MartenR

Quotethe libcec should be located at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/. I remember that the vompclient don't start without this lib (as I don't add it first).
Did you make sure that raspberry pi support is compiled in? (Output from configure)

Do you know the reason for the keyboard LED flashing?
No ideas... sorry...

Marten

clausmuus

Quote from: MartenR on September 11, 2012, 14:04:13
Quotethe libcec should be located at /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/. I remember that the vompclient don't start without this lib (as I don't add it first).
Did you make sure that raspberry pi support is compiled in? (Output from configure)
Do you mean raspberry pi support for the cec lib? I use the deb packages prepared by you.

Claus

MartenR

QuoteDo you mean raspberry pi support for the cec lib? I use the deb packages prepared by you.
Ok, then it is included.
But it might be better to build it from scratch, since you are using a different distribution.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,
yes, I plan to build it myself. But since I use raspian as development environment, your packages should work for me for now.

Claus

clausmuus

Hi,
ok, now I have compile the libcec my self. But it don't help.
You can find the debug log at http://www.minidvblinux.de/download/vompclient.log
Maybe the crash is not a vompclient crash, but a usb crash. This will also result in a not working keyboard and network. Maybe the reason is that vompclient makes more network traffic than the older version?

Claus

PS.:
I have found a solution for the problem. If I deactivate the SD TV deinterlacing, there are no more crashes. Also no crashes on HD TV. Why this?

MartenR

QuotePS.:
I have found a solution for the problem. If I deactivate the SD TV deinterlacing, there are no more crashes. Also no crashes on HD TV. Why this?
Well there should be no deinterlacing activate, when using HDTV. Please look in the log if it says also for HDTV that deinterlacing is activated.

Please try too things, add in videoomx.cc, method AllocateCodecsOMX after "doeint=false" the line
dodeint=false;
also change the line
Log::getInstance()->log("Video", Log::NOTICE, "Deinterlacing activated %d",deinterlace);
to
Log::getInstance()->log("Video", Log::NOTICE, "Deinterlacing activated %d %d",deinterlace,demux->getHorizontalSize());
Then try if the problem persists and post a new log for SD and HDTV.

When the ports of the deinterlacer were configured wrong, I had also a full crash of the system.
We just have to find out what is wrong in your system, probably a timing issue when configuring them.

Marten

MartenR

Ok I looked closer to the logs:

Quote20:14:35.352084 [debug]  1956 PlayerLiveTV - afeed video startup
is repeated multiple times.
This seems to be an issue with the playerlive.
Please uncomment the log commands in threadMethod() and post a log file.
There is sth not working.

Marten

clausmuus

Hi,

ok, I will send you the new logs today evening.
Maybe it helps you to know, that I don't use a full HD screen, but a 1280x1024 TFT via DVI.

Claus

MartenR

QuoteMaybe it helps you to know, that I don't use a full HD screen, but a 1280x1024 TFT via DVI.
There were also reports from other users in this case, that there are problems.

But anyway does recording playback work? If yes, I do not believe in an influence of the tft.

Marten