Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Tearing / Vsync problems

Started by molten_universe, February 03, 2010, 12:45:22

Previous topic - Next topic

molten_universe

Hello!

I've been using vomp on two mediamvps for a long time now without problems. I recently bought an 52" lcd-tv and connected a PC with XBMC for windows to it. The problem is, vdr integration into xbmc is not very stable yet. So I tried the vomp windowsclient. It is running very well but I have some problems which look like tearing resulting from disabled vsync. It occurs only at the bottom of the picture. It makes no difference which decoder i use. I tried PDVD9, Microsofts internal decoder and WinDVD8. I even tried Win7 and Vista.

Does anyone have similar problems or even a solution?

Thanks in advance
Niko

MartenR

Well actually vomp performes no vsync.
But I have found a bug in the sync code, so that the quality may be better in the next version.

Marten

molten_universe

That sounds good!

I'll use the old MVP until then.

MartenR

I have rechecked this. Vomp initialliazes already the D3DDEVICES so that the Graphiccard should take care of vsync. If the card does not do this the application has to manually sync to vsync. I have in the moment no plan to add this feature, since other parts has to be finished first.

Marten

carsten

Hi,

also in XBMC on Ubuntu, I had to modify the x11.conf in order to vsynch and stop tearing. So I guess it
is pretty much the same for Windows. I disabled composite in order to do so, maybe you have a similar
option in Windows driver settings.

BR,
Carsten.

MartenR

No, unfortunetely in windows there is only a option, if the present call is synced to vsync. This one is set, but not supported by many drivers. The only way ro do a vsync is for vomp to trace the ray and sync manually for vsync. I have in the moment no idea how this fits into the general windows archtecture and it changes a lot in the moment, I have no intention to do it yet. Although on my notebook I did not recognize tearing, that means even if I start I will not see if I did it correctly, which are bad conditions for development.

Marten

molten_universe

Maybe it has nothing to do with vsync. The picture is perfect, it's just the bottom 2cm that seem to be one frame behind. I'll change the graphicscard today when I get home from work.

molten_universe

It's gone, I don't know why but I'm happy :)