Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Some feedback

Started by rdoac, October 29, 2008, 20:39:42

Previous topic - Next topic

rdoac

Now I have it working..  :)

I miss my channel numbers.  We have nearly 5,000 channels, so have seperated them into channel blocks.  Consquently I go to things like channel 1205, or 1414 etc.  Anyway to do that in qtvomp?

Radio is missing..

muellerph

Quote from: rdoac on October 29, 2008, 20:39:42
Now I have it working..  :)

I miss my channel numbers.  We have nearly 5,000 channels, so have seperated them into channel blocks.  Consquently I go to things like channel 1205, or 1414 etc.  Anyway to do that in qtvomp?

Radio is missing..
Both will be in next version. Rather easy to implement.

Never thought about having so many channels.

rdoac

Some more observations..

1. Coded channels..

Some times it takes a few seconds for the stream to start working.  In normal vomp the picture starts when it's available.  On qtvomp we get the audio but no picture.  If you click back and then play again the picture comes in.  Can a quick check loop be introduced to check for the start of the stream?

2. Audio channel.

I'm an Engish expat living abroad.  I'd like to change the audio channel when possible.  Could this be possible?

muellerph

Thanks for all the comments.

Quote from: rdoac on October 30, 2008, 21:51:28
1. Coded channels..

Some times it takes a few seconds for the stream to start working.  In normal vomp the picture starts when it's available.  On qtvomp we get the audio but no picture.  If you click back and then play again the picture comes in.  Can a quick check loop be introduced to check for the start of the stream?
I've seen this as well, it only happens sometimes. But I have no clue atm what triggers the delay, so it maybe my code, the phonen libs or Xine.
Rough guess atm is that Xine introduces the delay, when it starts loading/initializing the demux libs.

2. Audio channel.

I'm an Engish expat living abroad.  I'd like to change the audio channel when possible.  Could this be possible?
Somehow good and bad news:
First the bad: There is no support in Phonon on subtitles, audiostreams, etc. at the moment, so I have no chance to change e.g. the language at the moment.

Somehow good:
The VLC-MPlayer-Backend is developed currently outside of the phonon repository. Within these new backends, the author has implemented the support for it within Phonon.
He also stated to want to move these backends into the main phonon repository for the next release (which will be within KDE 4.2 in ~January). But till today I haven't seen this happening. I'm also unsure if the Xine backend will then also support this functionality.

So when KDE 4.2 comes out (which then will be Phonon 4.3), I can hopefully add the support for the mentioned functionality.
Next timeslot would be Qt 4.5.

riban

I do not get any picture unless in full screen mode. If I use back then play again, I see a brief image (fraction of a second). If I go full screen, it works. This is for live TV.

When changing channels on live TV using Page Up / Down when in full screen, it falls back to windowed. This happens every time, requiring me to reselect full screen (because of the above issue - I can't see anything when windowed).

Attempts to watch (TV) recordings fail. I lose all control of QTVomp and get these errors in the launching shell:

VDR::readMinPacketLength: channel type unknown:  16777216
VDR::readSocket: Error! channel is unknown. channel:  16777216
VDR::readMinPacketLength: channel type unknown:  16777216
VDR::readSocket: Error! channel is unknown. channel:  16777216
VDR::readMinPacketLength: channel type unknown:  67108928
VDR::readSocket: Error! channel is unknown. channel:  67108928
VDR::sendKeepAlive time:  QTime("18:40:07")
VDR::sendKeepAlive time:  QTime("18:40:12")
VDR::sendKeepAlive time:  QTime("18:40:17")
VDR::sendKeepAlive time:  QTime("18:40:22")
VDR::sendKeepAlive time:  QTime("18:40:27")
...ad infinitum

Is the source available via version control (svn / cvs)?