News:

Latest versions:
Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

CVS tag inconsistencies 0.2.7, 0.2.7-1 etc...?

Started by cf, February 07, 2008, 10:21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

cf

Hi,

I'm currently trying to set up a working development environment for vomp, using a vdr in vmware, an MVP and the windows client.
I've managed to compile both the client & server parts of version 0.2.6 (CVS tag r0-2-6), server & WinClient work perfectly good together.

Now I'm experiencing problems with the Windows Client 2.7, which resemble the ones described by Betux in http://www.loggytronic.com/forum/index.php?topic=291.0. The Windows client source is checked out from CVS using the tag r0-2-7.

I suspect that the subsequent changes to the WinClient described by Marten in the abovementioned thread have not been tagged correctly, at least it looks like this in the version history of eg. audiowin.cc: Here Chris remarks a change for the WinClient 0.2.7-2, but this version is only tagged as HEAD, so it evades checkout of the r0-2-7.

Would it be possible for the CVS masters to either tag the changed files as r0-2-7 (in the case of audiowin.cc, this should mean moving the tag r0-2-7 from rev. 1.1.3 to rev. 1.1.4), or to introduce new tags like r0-2-7-1, r0-2-7-2, etc., corresponding to Marten's WinClient releases, so that it is possible to checkout a stable Windows client source?

I hope it's understandable what I mean, and that it won't cause too much trouble :-)

Regards,
   Carsten

cf

OK, here a small update:

I now simply checked out all files which were modified at or before 13.11.2007. This includes the last files whose comments show that they were modified for the win-2-client, but leaves out everything that mentions "new live tv".

Additionally, I managed to drill down some of the problems (crashing client when playing back) to a too-old-version of PowerDVD. With PowerDVD 6 Trial & my compilation I can get at least video playback and access to tv channels, but the client still crashes when I choose the Mediaplayer menu entry, also when I try to select a video filter.

Meanwhile, Marten's original client 0.2.7-3 from the loggytronic website doesn't crash, it shows the file system structure of the vdr when Mediaplayer is selected, so my compilation does not yet mirror his correct compilation.

I still suspect that I don't have the correct source file versions in my compilation. that they differ from the source versions Marten used to compile the 0.2.7-3-Client - could this be possible, and could anybody hint me for the correct source files, or have any other ideas?

Regards,
   Carsten

MartenR

Hi,
in the moment the windows changes for new live tv arenot in cvs.
I have already send them to Chris and I am waiting, that he integrate them.

So in the moment there is no runable windows client with new live tv.

Marten

cf

Hi Marten,

thanks for the answer, but that's not the point I'm interested in. Well, surely I'm interested in the current development ;), but that's not the primary focus.

What I want to do is:

Checkout a tagged revision from CVS, or a bunch of source files defined by some other mechanism (eg. date), run the compiler and get an executable that's functionally equivalent to the Windows Client 0.2.7-3 from the loggytronic website.

Currentiy, I can check out the r0-2-7, compile it, and get a Windows Client that crashes on several occasions where the binary version from the website works fine. So I'm doing something wrong, presumably I'm using some wrong source files (at least that's my suspicion).

So the question is: Which source files have I got to check out in which version to get the codebase for the 0.2.7-3-Windows Client?

Hope, I expressed myself clearer,
   Carsten

MartenR

Ok I got the point. I have looked into my build directory and I have seen that 0.2.7-3 executable might be out before the changes were in the cvs, so it might be some days later than the 13.11.07.
Anyway I have attached to this post the two changed files from the 0.2.7-3 build.

Marten

cf

Hi Marten,

thanks for your support. There still seems to be a subtle difference in the released binary version of Vomp Client for Windows 0.2.7-3 and the CVS from 13.11.2007, even with the file versions you provided in the previous post: I get a version of the client which does live TV & playback of recordings quite well, but crashes when I select the mediaplayer menu entry. ???

Anyway, I've got what I came for ;D - a working development environment to play around with the code, and I don't think it's sensible to put any more effort in getting a complete official source base for the build of the 0.2.7-3-client. I don't think the community will appreciate it if I distract you any more from the further work on the next release  ;)

Thanks for the help, and maybe you & Chris could take care of tagging the complete release build code in the cvs when the next release is due. Thanks for this great piece of software, expecially the enhancements in live tv will even more enhance the WAF  :).

Carsten