Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Problem with bootp and picture quality

Started by mojojo, March 27, 2007, 00:32:02

Previous topic - Next topic

mojojo

Hello.

My problem with version 0.2.6 is that the mvp doesn't boot. dongle file starts loading but doesn't finish and the box doesn't get an IP address. I had to install a dhcpd and tftpd to start using vomp. Now it works and looks promising.

2nd problem is that the TV picture is too dark. The menu is OK but the live tv is too dark. It's no problem on a classic TV with tube but it is a problem with my beamer and I guess with LCD screens too. Shadows have no details and there is no real white. You can see what I mean if you turn on the EPG view with small tv picture top right. The OSD has white but the tv has not. See n-tv for example.

Thanks a lot for the excellent work!

davep

There was a thread here "SCART RGB dark problem" in January which might be the same issue. The fix was to modify the MVP electronics, though not everyone will want to do that  ;) The alternative unfortunately is to manually change the TV settings when using VOMP.

mojojo

Quote from: davep on March 27, 2007, 07:59:28
There was a thread here "SCART RGB dark problem" in January which might be the same issue. The fix was to modify the MVP electronics, though not everyone will want to do that  ;) The alternative unfortunately is to manually change the TV settings when using VOMP.

My beamer is connected via s-video, not RGB.
If it would be a hardware problem, both menu and tv picture would be too dark. But it's just the tv picture being too dark. I'd guess there must be something adjustable in software to set brightness.