Server plugin: 0.5.1
MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Testers Needed!

Started by Chris, June 01, 2008, 22:15:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Server cvs-20080613 & client cvs-20080614, does it work?

Yes
2 (25%)
No, crashes / freezes with live tv
6 (75%)
No, but I'm trying it on a D3A ...
0 (0%)
No, other bug
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 22, 2008, 14:41:31

Chris

@Marten: Well spotted, thanks. I have applied your patch to cvs for queuing the incoming packets. (I thought I had made the client incapable of executing more than one RR at once, but actually I was thinking of the streaming instead - the client can currently only support one stream at once). I have also reworked it a little so that more packets can be queued while one is being processed. I think it should work fine, but will probably need some testing.

All:

I have attached another server build - the client is unchanged. It should fix the freeze when changing channels.

pompase

@Lutz Yes it will only apply to old remote controllers.

Lutz

@Chris: I've tried the actual version with your dongle, and indeed it is much better, but occasionally freezes...
Was it just Marten's patch? Maybe I did something wrong while compiling before with his changes...

And I see a cosmetical issue: The writing of the OSD is touching the left side of the screen, the first number of the channel number is cut (also to see on 5:4 picture on 16:9 screen)

Regards
Lutz

Chris

Here is a dongle with the old remote buttons fixed for live tv. You can now only scroll the epg data if you pressed ok to show the epg.

Other issues to follow...

pompase

Thanks Chris, this deprecates the patch I have made. I did not have a look at your solution, but I think as it is pretty obvious it has  the same solutiuon. Thanks again and so far it looks great to me.

Chris

Please could anyone running the latest cvs files answer the poll or post about any remaining bugs in live tv, thanks.

Lutz: Could you supply a log from the client from a client crash? Thanks.

davep

Running cvs (vdr 1.6.0, old remote) with no problems at all, though I don't use the media player so haven't tested it.

pompase

Hey Chris,
I am currently porting my vdr shutdown stuff to the new env. Is there any interest in applying it to the vomp. I also want to expand the functionallity to ask the user after pressing the power switch whether he wants to cancel shutdown of vdr with a timeout. In case cancel is not pressed a shutdown command is sent to vdr which simulates the power key press on vdr side. In case any thread blocks shutdown vdr will be shutdown as soon as all threads ended.
What currently exists is the shutdown stuff without asking the vomp user at power off. This means vdr shutdown is always sent when enabled. In case a other vomp is connected shutdown of vdr is blocked due to the active stuff you implented now.

Chris

Hi, could anyone still having problems with live TV freezing or crashing please post descriptions, client logs and optionally server logs. It's currently working for me and I don't know anything about any more live TV bugs.

Pompase: I don't know about it going in this version, but the good news is that I don't have any large codebase changes planned so updates and patches can be done quite quickly from now on. Even if it doesn't go in this version, I plan to spend most of my time for the next version integrating other people's work.

Chris

MartenR

Just to note, I have no crashes yet with the new status.
So for me it is ok for me. Only a little fix in winmain and a little bugfix I have send to chris should go before release to cvs.

Marten

P.S: Sorry, for answering so late because first  I did not recognize Chris's post from 13 June, because the thread was too long

pompase

Up to now I do not have any crashes anymore with the vanilla version.

Lutz

I still have freezes; I'll try to send a new log tonight...
Lutz

MartenR

Bad news from me. Yesterday I was watching tv and flipping channels on my mvp and I got also a freeze. Only powercycling the mvp helped. (It has an old remote control). Unfortunetely I had not run logs on server or client side, so I am not able to guess the reason. The prebuffering progress bar was at zero, so the player have to be in prebuffering mode or before.
The crash happens very seldom (I flipped 20-30 and I got only one freeze) so that I am not able to reproduced it often enough too find the error.
At the moment I have no problems at the windows port with the fix in tcp I send to Chris. May be this is the reason?

Marten

Lutz

Hi Chris,
its hard now to provoke the freeze, but still possible, and once in a while it happens just with one switch to the next channel while watching...
Here is my log...

Lutz

MartenR

Hi,
I have now a client log from a crash.
Now, I had not enough time to go through, so I see no hints at the moment and I hope it is long enough to find the problem.
Btw, what is this SIGURG stuff, is it the remote?

Marten