Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

No video with MediaMVP - TS Demuxer - Packet overflow, pid 101

Started by goldfisch, July 22, 2007, 14:25:12

Previous topic - Next topic

goldfisch

@MartenR:
The Problem exists on all tv stations. It also exists on recordings.

The audio playes a long time.

@the "PTS JUMP" messages keep happening as long as the audio is playing.

Thank you!

Gerhard

MartenR

QuoteThe audio playes a long time.
That is not very precise, does it play half an hour or so, or one minute.
It might be sound like a silly question, but this tells me something about the state of the demuxer and the incoming data.

But let us assume, that it plays half an hour or longer, then it can be the following:
1) Defective mediamvp, you can check this by using the Windows Client or using another software like the original hauppauge software or mvp and play back a video. If this plays fine your hardware is not defective.
2) Faulty channel conf, the vdr has not recorded video data. Do you have an headless vdr or a full vdr? Can you check if the recordings are fine?
3) Bug in vomp, what is your vdr version? If you have an old vdr version, maybe vomp misdetects the recordings as radio .

If it only plays for a minute, I would assume that there is a problem with suppling data over the network.

Marten

MarkC

Quote2) Faulty channel conf, the vdr has not recorded video data. Do you have an headless vdr or a full vdr? Can you check if the recordings are fine?
3) Bug in vomp, what is your vdr version? If you have an old vdr version, maybe vomp misdetects the recordings as radio .

I don't think it can be either of these, because the PTS JUMP message only occurs when the demuxer is analysing a video packet. It could be that the video packets exist but are corrupted.
But the same problem occurs with live TV, so it's very unlikely that there is a bug specific to recordings.

goldfisch: if possible could you provide an example of a recording... the index.vdr and the first 10 or 20 MB of the 001.vdr should be enough. (Either put it on the Web somewhere or I'll see if I can open ftp for you. Email as a last resort :) ) Then we can see if the problem is only with your MVP.