MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Patches to make an H3 boot

Started by sirwio, October 03, 2006, 23:26:46

Previous topic - Next topic

sirwio

You can follow the information on http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/hxhowto to make your H3 mediamvp boot.

I have no problem using the built in tftp of vompserver either as long as I have the mvprelay program running as described in the link above.

Haven't had time to really understand why the mvprelay progam is needed even if the tftp server is running on the same server as the vompserver plugin. I can only confirm that it doesn't boot without the mvprelay program!

Note that the boot process sometimes stalls in the same way as explained in the link above. The solution is to unplug the mediamvp and wait for about two minutes and retry!

- Magnus

MartenR

http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/mvpvdr
I think this explains how the new bootloader works together with the mvprelay code. I think the vompserver should reply to this broadcasts and then everything will work.

Marten

TroyMcClure

Hi,
following your tips (that means the tips from the mvpmc wiki) I've made it so far:

MVP gets IP vom bootp server (integrated in VOMP Plugin)
mvprelay is running and reporting "Replying to directory query from host 192.168.222.13" (.13 is the mvp client)
mvp requests dongle.bin.ver (which was created as described and is located in the correct path)

unfortunatley, while connecting to server, the mvp reports "Failed to locate GUI Servers"

the vomp Logfile:

01:02:09.197635 [debug]  Tftpd - Wait finished
01:02:09.197700 [debug]  TftpClient - Client handler started
01:02:09.197838 [debug]  Tftpd - Starting wait
01:02:09.197869 [debug]  TftpClient - RRQ received for dongle.bin.ver
01:02:09.197900 [info]   TftpClient - File: '/usr/share/vdr-plugin-vompserver/dongle.bin.ver'
01:02:20.196124 [debug]  TftpClient - Lost connection, exiting

it stays in loop, so the messages (from mvprelay and in the vomp logfile) repeat every 10 seconds

I'm using c't vdr 5 (vdr 1.3.49=1.4) with vomp plugin 0.2.2
My mvp is a H3

any Ideas?

sirwio

You need to build your own dongle where the kernel has been patched. The patch to apply, hcwmp_header.patch,  has been posted to this forum earlier. It can also be found on the mvpmc git repository.

It is also neccesary to patch main.cc from the vompclient sources. The following is a diff of the changes that works for me on PAL systems.

Index: main.cc
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvsroot/vomp/client/main.cc,v
retrieving revision 1.28
diff -r1.28 main.cc
193c193
<   success = mtd->init("/dev/mtd1");
---
>   success = 1; // mtd->init("/dev/mtd1");
215c215
<   UCHAR videoFormat = (UCHAR)mtd->getPALorNTSC();
---
>   UCHAR videoFormat = Video::PAL; // (UCHAR)mtd->getPALorNTSC();
404c404
<     mtd->shutdown();
---
>     // mtd->shutdown();

I suggest that you build the dongle and the vompserver plugin with a checkout of the sources from 2006-11-11. My wife, kids and myself use it as our only system watching dvb-t tv.

Hopefully there will be a 0.2.5 release of vomp in a near future addressing the H3 hardware issuses...

- Magnus

TroyMcClure

Thanks for you reply,

but that sounds a bit to complicated for me an i think it's beyond my (linux) abillities. Seems as if I have to wait for a release supporting H3.

Does anybody know if the other MVP Plugin for the vdr works with a H3? (mvpserver or mediamvp-plugin)