Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Run custom script from menu

Started by edi, May 13, 2008, 19:28:59

Previous topic - Next topic

edi

Hi,

I run vomp 0.2.7/vdr 1.6.0 on debian etch (e-tobi-repository). My two TT2300 dvb-c-cards sometimes crash and I need to reboot the vdr. That's really odd, because my vdr runs on my homeserver, which provides NAS and other services to my network.

Now I changed my setup, I'm running the vdr in a xen domU, so I don't have to reboot the whole server but only the VM.

Now I'd like to allow my family to restart the vdr VM via vomp. I need to run a shell script through the vomp menu or a custom remote control key. Are there any hooks to expand the menu?

BTW: I found no docs about the user assignable remote control keyes introduced with 0.2.7. How does this feature work what does it provide?

Regards,
Eckebrecht

avvdr

Hi,
maybe you should have a look at the newest media player - see http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=69824&hilight=vomp&page=9.
You could easily define an extension (e.g. .cmd) that will execute any command.
The only drawback is, that it cannot be on the top level but only at the second level of the media player menu.

Regards
Andreas

MartenR

BTW: I found no docs about the user assignable remote control keyes introduced with 0.2.7. How does this feature work what does it provide?

You can do to the properties menu and replace the  key assigned to a certain function  with another key. Only the basic keys (indicated as hardwired) can not be replaced or used for othr keys/functions.
You do this with selecting the original key in the list and then going into learning mode and press the new selected key.
However for the mediamvp this is relatively limited and does not have so much possible changes. However for the windows client, this gives the ability to selected the keys (of keyboard or remote controls)you like for using vomp.

Marten

edi

Quote from: avvdr on May 13, 2008, 20:40:53
maybe you should have a look at the newest media player - see http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=69824&hilight=vomp&page=9.
You could easily define an extension (e.g. .cmd) that will execute any command.

Hi,

that really looks cool! I'll give it a try as soon I'll find the time.

Thanks,
Eckebrecht

edi

Hi,

thanks, works!
vomp.conf:
[Media]
Dir.1=/var/lib/vdr/media
Dir.Name.1=Reboot-VDR
Command.Name.1=/var/lib/vdr/reboot.sh
Command.Extension.1=cmd
Command.Type.1=VIDEO

/var/lib/vdr/reboot.sh:
#! /bin/sh
case $1 in
check)
  exit 0;;
play)
  sudo /sbin/reboot;;
*)
  exit 1;;
esac

Then you need to  touch /var/lib/vdr/media/reboot.cmd
If you want to run more than one command, replace 'sudo /sbin/reboot' with 'sh $2' to execute the .cmd-File as shell-script.

Regards,
Eckebrecht

keynet

Eckebrecht,

What documentation did you use to get Xen working with vdr as a virtual machine? Any hints?

I'm also interested as I have a SuSe 10.3 "headless" vdr home server which also acts as mailserver, home automation and cctv server. 
I have suffered problems with vdr (1.4.7, 1.60) locking up with 2 x Leadtek Winfast DTV1000 cards.
The machine still runs when vdr stops receiving TV, but vdr locks the DVB cards and the only way to get vdr running again is reboot the whole machine :(.  I assume you have similar probs?

Thanks!

edi

Hi,

Quote from: keynet on July 02, 2008, 16:28:00
What documentation did you use to get Xen working with vdr as a virtual machine? Any hints?

what I did (Debian etch):
- Converted my System to xen-dom0: Installed xen-hypervisor-3.2-1-i386 and linux-*-2.6.18-6-xen-686 plus utils. After reboot the hypervisor runs and the installation is the dom0 now.
- Created a xen-domU and installed a Debian etch plus ctvdr-packages
- passed the two pci-cards through to this domU:
  - /boot/grub/menu.lst:
## Xen Linux kernel options to use with the default Xen boot option
# xenkopt=console=tty0 pciback.hide=(00:0a.0)(00:0c.0) noirqdebug

- /etc/xen/vdr.athome.local.cfg:

pci=['00:0a.0','00:0c.0']

Pretty straightforward, no magic.

Eckebrecht