Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

dongle 14

Started by kdeiss, October 02, 2005, 23:25:01

Previous topic - Next topic

kdeiss

hi chris,
dongle 14 works fine in an enviroment with two servers running the plugin (both vdr 1.2.6). thanks for fixing that!

Other topic - investigation of next-server entry.
I've set up the dhcp server on a third machine (running ipcop) providing the following entry to dhcpd.conf:

allow booting;
allow bootp;

group {
next-server 192.168.3.201;
    host mvp
    {
        filename "dongle.bin";
        hardware ethernet 00:0d:fe:00:23:c1;
        fixed-address 192.168.3.79;
    }
}

192.168.3.201 is the vdr where tftpd  is runnig
192.168.3.79 the mvp

works fine....

thanx a lot for your work. Your solution (already at this early state) is much more reliable and stable then other solutions for vdr, although there are only basic functions. but sometimes less is more!!

klaus

Chris

Great, I'm glad that all works. As you say it's basic at the moment but hopefully reliable. I think getting radio working is the next obvious thing, but the way the MVP does prebuffering is quite odd! After that, who knows... :)

kdeiss

hi chris

indeed - radio would be great .... it's really so difficult??

greets

klaus

Chris

Most of it is simple (most of it is done!), but I've had a couple of goes at this now and I have only got it to play audio badly. It seems to take a large lump of audio, start playing it, but then it skips through it as if it's trying to catch up with something. After a few seconds it gets to the end of its buffer and it is hard up against the incoming data, so the sound is full of holes.

So I need to work out what it's trying to sync with, or work out how to disable it, or see how mvpmc does it.. Something like that.

Chris

Ok, an update on the radio situation for anyone watching this thread. I am not suspecting sync problems as much now, I think the problem is that the radio data coming from the vompserver plugin is in the wrong format, but not bad enough so that the MVP can't play it at all, just enough so that is jumps and starts and makes a mess. Trouble is, I now need to edit parts of the vompserver plugin that I didn't write to make it output radio in the correct format, and I don't know just when I'm going to get the time to do that at the moment.

I'm not 100% sure on all this but it's my best guess yet.