Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

scroll long summary; Zap through channels

Started by nig, September 10, 2005, 23:58:19

Previous topic - Next topic

nig

Hi,
first of all thanks for a great piece of software, works wonderful and is promising what comes next..

I run vomp0.0.9 and have the following suggestions:

I tried to scroll a long summary, but it vomp does not let me do ?

I suggest this is a bug ?

Second, i would suggest having Resume as first option for the record menu..

Third, zapping through programs is a little bit hard at the moment, as when switching channels up and down button ( i have a new remote)
first thing whats up or down does is scroll between the epg entries. you have to press back before you can switch channels..

Another thing: sometimes when playing a record sound does not work, i have to reset the box to get sound to work again..

Thanks
Frank

Chris

Hello, about long summaries, yes that is a new bug. I have never personally seen a summary that goes over the length, on the other hand I don't use it very often :)

The resume option is under discussion in another thread. Something will change..

If you have a new remote, and you have set the type to new in the options screen then channel hopping should be unaffected by the banner. Up channel button should change channel even if the live banner is there.

I have no idea about the sound problem. I am having some trouble with the sound chip myself at the moment, after I have fixed that, see if the problem still exists.

nig

Hi Chris,

thanks for your answer..

After setting the remote to type new, zapping works as expected.. thanks..
Will that setting be saveable in the future ?

cheers
frank

Quote from: Chris on September 12, 2005, 20:03:12
Hello, about long summaries, yes that is a new bug. I have never personally seen a summary that goes over the length, on the other hand I don't use it very often :)

The resume option is under discussion in another thread. Something will change..

If you have a new remote, and you have set the type to new in the options screen then channel hopping should be unaffected by the banner. Up channel button should change channel even if the live banner is there.

I have no idea about the sound problem. I am having some trouble with the sound chip myself at the moment, after I have fixed that, see if the problem still exists.

Chris

nig

DonĀ“t think so :-),

where does it store the setting ?

cheers
frank

Quote from: Chris on September 12, 2005, 20:41:39
It is, it should! Does it not?!

Chris

In the VDR server config directory there is a directory called plugins. In there the vompserver plugin will save vomp-(ip.address.of.mvp).conf.

Do other options save their settings? Does resume recording work as expected? Everything writes to that file.

nig

Hi Chris,

it does..

my problem was that dhcp gave the mvp a other ip-adress then before..

thanks
frank

Quote from: Chris on September 14, 2005, 12:14:46
In the VDR server config directory there is a directory called plugins. In there the vompserver plugin will save vomp-(ip.address.of.mvp).conf.

Do other options save their settings? Does resume recording work as expected? Everything writes to that file.

Chris

Ah yes, that would cause problems. Do you have a way of serving the MVP a static address?

nig

Hi Chris,
sure..

Just a suggestion: What do you think about giving the name of the conf-file the mac-adress of the mvp box ?

Does this make sense to you ?

Cheers
frank

Quote from: Chris on September 15, 2005, 12:32:57
Ah yes, that would cause problems. Do you have a way of serving the MVP a static address?

Chris

Yeah, I thought aboubt that after your last post. But then that definitely restricts the mvp to being on the same subnet as the server. (Whereas it is restricted effectively now, but those restrictions could be overcome one day). What dhcp server do you use? Surely you use a linux one so you can serve out the tftp file name?

nig

Hi Chris,

i do not understand why the conf-file marked with the mac adress of the mvp box should be only possible on the local subnet ? Everything else will be the same, just the conf-file name will contain the mac adress, which should be more or less
uniq..
Can not the box figure out his own mac adress ? Maybe i just do not know enough how you implemted this..

Yes, will try to give the box a static ip, however i am not to keen of fiddle around with the dhcp server as the server also serves a couple of sun rays..

no real problem.. great software.. !

cheers
frank

Quote from: Chris on September 16, 2005, 21:13:37
Yeah, I thought aboubt that after your last post. But then that definitely restricts the mvp to being on the same subnet as the server. (Whereas it is restricted effectively now, but those restrictions could be overcome one day). What dhcp server do you use? Surely you use a linux one so you can serve out the tftp file name?

Chris

Ah yes, I was having a stupid moment there. The MVP could get it's own MAC address and send it to the server I think. I was thinking on the other track of the server auto detecting it.

argonaut32

Hey Chris,

easy zapping is not possible.

In "Live TV" mode if one is trying to zap with the <up> <down> buttons then the channel
is switched and the epg data of this channel is displayed. When now
pressing the  <up> <down> buttons again one is scrolling through the
epg data but the channel is not switched.

Please could you change the handling in that way that the
<up> <down> are just used for zapping channels and one does not
end up in scrolling the epg data. By the way I am owning an old remote control.

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
                      Argonaut32