Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Remote control doesn't control MVP anymore

Started by ondrej1024, February 16, 2015, 22:35:23

Previous topic - Next topic

ondrej1024

Hi all,

I have been using the vompserver plugin (0.4.0) and the MVP for many years without trouble. Now, suddenly, without changing anything, the MVP remote control doesn't control the MVP any more. I can see that the remote is sending something because the red led on the MVP is flashing while I press the remote buttons. However I am stuck with the home menu (Welcome) on the screen and cannot select any menu item.

I have tried changing the remotes batteries, powered off/on the MVP, checked the network connection to the VDR. Everything seems OK. The MVP is booting up fine when I apply the power and connect the network cable. But I am not able to control the damn MVP any more. Looks like the MVP software doesn't recognise the keys the remote is sending. This is so weird.

Has anyone an idea what I could do to find out what's going on?

Thanks, Ondrej

4ndreas

Hi Ondrej,
sorry, I can't help you with your problem but if you need a workaround you can use an android smartphone as remote control:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vomp.remote&hl=de
It uses an ip connection and will work even if your MVP infrared is really broken. This does not solve your problem but you can at least watch TV.

4ndreas