MVP dongle: 0.5.2
Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

vomp-server only on MVP ?

Started by wolfgang6444, March 12, 2014, 17:55:41

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgang6444

Sorry for this rather stupid question, but I am missing the fundamentals in the WIKI and howtos:

For several years I run vdr on a conventional desktop-PC under linux with two DVB-S Budget cards and one DVB-S-full-featured card - all connected via. PCI.
I am using the RGB-ouput of the full-featured card to send video to an old CRT-TV-set. Everything o.k.

Now I want to send the MPEG2-Stream (live-video or recordings) to another room via wlan and use a raspberry-pi as vdr-client.

Form what I understand vomp-server and -client should be the right choice.
But I am confused: does the vomp-server plugin only run on the specific MVP-hardware or can I also install it in my PC-based vdr like any other plugin?

Thanks

Wolfgang

sirwio

The vomp-server plugin is installed on the vdr server as any other plugin.
In your case that would be on your existing desktop pc running vdr. It works marvellous well. Have used it for more than a decade streaming to hauppauge media-mvp hardware running a vomp client. Since a year I have turned to HD and is using raspberry pi's as clients running vomp. Its running rock solid since a half year back.

wolfgang6444

Good news!

Do you have any hint as to which version of vdr I should use? So far I am using some 1.6.x.
I want to use (among others) epgsearch, streamdev-server and vomp-server.
It is apparently not quite obvious, which version compiles with all of them.

Thanks

Wolfgang

sirwio

My server is a gentoo box running vdr 2.0.4,vompserver 0.4.0, epgsearch 1.0.0, streamdev 0.6.1 and some others.

My vompclient is basically built based of the current trunk of the vompclient.git repository with a change of the protocol version in vdr.cc to have the define VOMP_PROTOCOLL_VERSION set to 0x00000200 instead of 0x00000300

With this minor change its possible to use the latest vompclient against a vompserver with version 0.4.0. The reason I have patched the client like this is that there is yet no stable vompserver of version 0.4.1 and I'm to lazy to bother to unmask 0.4.1 from the gentoo repositories.

wolfgang6444

Hmm,

I just tried:
vdr-2.04
streamdev-0.6.0
vdr-epgsearch-1.0.0
markad-0.1.4
remote-0.5.0
vompserver-0.4.1

Upon compilation I get the following errors:

In file included from streamdev-client.c:10:0:
/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include/vdr/device.h:331:16: error: 'virtual bool cDevice::HasLock(int) const' was hidden
../client/device.h:31:15: error:   by 'virtual bool cStreamdevDevice::HasLock(int)'
make[2]: *** [streamdev-client.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [client] Error 2
*** Plugin epgsearch:
WARNING: plugin epgsearch is using an old Makefile!
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSENDMAIL='"/usr/sbin/sendmail"' -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"epgsearch"' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX -I/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include -I../../../../DVB/include afuzzy.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSENDMAIL='"/usr/sbin/sendmail"' -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"epgsearch"' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX -I/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include -I../../../../DVB/include blacklist.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSENDMAIL='"/usr/sbin/sendmail"' -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"epgsearch"' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX -I/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include -I../../../../DVB/include changrp.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSENDMAIL='"/usr/sbin/sendmail"' -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"epgsearch"' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX -I/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include -I../../../../DVB/include confdloader.c
g++ -g -O3 -Wall -Werror=overloaded-virtual -Wno-parentheses -fPIC -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE  -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -DSENDMAIL='"/usr/sbin/sendmail"' -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"epgsearch"' -DHAVE_PCREPOSIX -I/scr/vdr-2.0.4/include -I../../../../DVB/include conflictcheck.c
In file included from conflictcheck.c:26:0:
conflictcheck.h: In member function 'bool cConflictCheckDevice::ProvidesChannel(const cChannel*, int, bool*) const':
conflictcheck.h:262:32: error: 'class cSetup' has no member named 'PrimaryLimit'
conflictcheck.h:267:57: error: 'class cSetup' has no member named 'PrimaryLimit'
make[1]: *** [conflictcheck.o] Error 1

My system in an opensuse 11.4.

I know that this is not really raspberry related, but I want to avoid cross-posting.
Maybe somebody has an idea?

Thanks

Wolfgang

MartenR

@sirwio
I would not change the version number only.
We only change the version number, if the protocoll was changed, so you should really update your server to the git.
Otherwise malfunction and possible loss of data is possible.

Marten

wolfgang6444

O.k.,

so far everything is ootb- nothing patched nor edited - but it doesn't compile.

I will try the git tonight.

Wolfgang