Raspberry Pi client: 0.5.2
Windows client: 0.5.2-1

Main Menu

Special german chars (Umlaute)

Started by Lutz, April 16, 2008, 16:48:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Lutz

Hi,
I have the problem that the special german chars like ÄÜÖ etc. do not show up right. Eg the "ä" shows up as "ä", not looking very nice...
The original VDR-OSD is OK, also the view in the live-plugin, just the Vomp/MVP makes probs.
I already tried different codepages on the server, but all the same.
Any hints?

Cheers,
Lutz

torsten

Hi,

it seems that you're using UTF-8 encoding. With vdr it is usable since 1.5.xx. VOMP uses like (most) earlier vdr version latin-1 encoding.

Greetings

Torsten

MarkC

Lutz, are you using the 0.2.7 release or the latest code from CVS? If you're using 0.2.7 I can't see how this can happen because all the translations are compiled into VOMP: the set-up of VDR shouldn't make any difference.

If you're using the CVS code, with language files loaded from the VDR server, have you edited the German l10n file (main-de) and perhaps saved it as Unicode by mistake? You could try downloading the original file again from the sticky thread "New I18n system in CVS".

avvdr

Does this happen in the mediaplayer?
There this problem is definitely still not solved if you have e.g. UTF8 in your filesystem.
Still a job for the future (would need some extra adding of converted display names on the server - already foreseen but still not there...)
In the moment only 3 alternatives:
1. no UTF8 in filesystem ;D
2. live with the garbage  ;)
3. no files with non ASCII names  >:(

Regards
Andreas

Lutz

Hello, and thanks for your replies.
I'm using the official 0.2.7 release (Tobis Repository), and theese errors only take place in the epg-texts. If there are any "umlaute" in the menu etc, they are displayed correct.
Lutz

hondansx

You can change your environment by adding this things to your vdr startscript maybe runvdr or something else:

export LANG=de_DE
export LANGUAGE=de_DE
export LC_ALL=de_DE

This did it for me.

Bye Alex
GA-EP43 | headless | 1xCineS2 Dual | 1xSkystar 2.6D | VDR 1.7.37 
Frontend: 1xRasperry | 1xION3

Lutz

I have finally worked it out for me - I've changed /etc/environment to ISO-8859-15 instead of UTF-8...
Lutz

Schnurps

I have the same problem with umlauts (äöüß) in the EPG with VOMP. With the recordings and directories is everything fine, it just occures with the EPG.

I tested the different solutions written in this thread, but so far I had no success... any more ideas? - I am using VDR 1.6 with VOMP 0.3.

Schnurps

hondansx

Quote from: Schnurps on December 26, 2008, 18:51:16
I have the same problem with umlauts (äöüß) in the EPG with VOMP. With the recordings and directories is everything fine, it just occures with the EPG.

I tested the different solutions written in this thread, but so far I had no success... any more ideas? - I am using VDR 1.6 with VOMP 0.3.

Schnurps

Note:
If you change your environment, you have to delete the epg.data file.

Bye,
Walter

Schnurps

Could you tell me exactly what to write in the environment-file?
At the moment it is:

LANG= "de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15"
LANGUAGE= "de_DE"

Even after deleting the egp.data-file i am still having this problem...

hondansx

Quote from: Schnurps on December 26, 2008, 21:54:23
Could you tell me exactly what to write in the environment-file?
At the moment it is:

LANG= "de_DE@euro ISO-8859-15"
LANGUAGE= "de_DE"

Even after deleting the egp.data-file i am still having this problem...

'LC_ALL=de_DE' should do the trick.

Bye,
Walter

Schnurps

Thank you, now the EPG is shown correctly! :-)))